Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by FlightOS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
SENSORS ENGINEER - CAMARILLO, CA
As a mid-level Sensors Engineer at Skyryse you will develop, test, install and integrate a wide variety of sensors on the aircraft. You will be responsible for innovating our rapid prototyping platform as well as the production system. You will provide mission critical insight into how we will take our platform from development to implementation and beyond.
- Select and evaluate 3rd party sensors
- Support the development of test campaigns using D-space equipment
- Independently perform challenging engineering work, document findings, generate reports, and support test activities both on and off site
- Act as a subject matter expert across the organization with regard to GPS, Air data, and other sensors
- Attend internal program, customer and/or supplier technical exchange meetings and/or formal program milestone reviews to provide and/or obtain progress status updates
- Assist with electrical design and/or software implementation for sensor-related technology development
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related disciplines.
- 5 years of professional working experience
- Familiarity with dSpace Equipment
- Familiarity with Matlab and Simulink
- Master of Science Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or other related disciplines
- Product Launch/ Full Lifecycle experience
- Prior start up working experience
- 10 years of professional working experience
- Familiarity with DO-178C, DO-254, DO-331, and other FAA compliance requirements
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Safety Through Simplicity