Robot Operations Technicians
Refraction AI is on a mission to bring the future of last-mile delivery to life. With our fleet of REF-1 autonomous mobile delivery robots we are growing quickly, propelled by exciting advances in robotics technology, demographics, business models, social and regulatory policies. As consumer expectations and requirements change, so must the services and businesses that serve them. In a sector that is struggling to keep up due to legacy costs, dated infrastructure and poor integration, Refraction AI is a breath of fresh air, demonstrating what is possible with a little innovation, a dash of brilliance, and a whole lot of common sense.
- Observe the robot using a chase vehicle (electric bike or scooter) ensuring safe, efficient and reliable deliveries
- Work cooperatively with the Robot Safety Operator to ensure safe robot operations at all times
- Monitor robot operation for human safety as well as robot maintenance issues
- Complete pre and post trip reports on robot performance and driving conditions
- Convey delivery issues and opportunities to Operations Leadership Team
- Answer questions from the public regarding the robot or provide education/assistance to customers on use of the robot
- Additional duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Drivers License for at least 2 years, with clean driving record
- Detail oriented observant
- Responsible and reliable
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
Reports to: Field Operations Leadership
Work location: Austin, TX
Hours: Full or part time, non-standard hours, evening and shift work based on customer availability
Employment Opportunity and Benefits of Employment: We are committed to creating and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace environment for all of our employees. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Refraction AI offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision and a 401k with matching.
Safe and Cost Effective Last-Mile Logistics