Process Writer (Onsite)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. While we are in an exciting phase of growth and scaling, having proper documentation is going to be key for the team and that’s where you come in as a Process Writer! This is a unique opportunity to play a prominent role in the development of a fast growing company.
May Mobility looks for team members that are motivated by making a complete working system and finding ways to use their know-how to improve our products and instructions. Our engineers and team members are cross-functional: understanding and contributing to multiple parts of the system even if their focus might be one or two parts.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Gain deep understanding of products and services, and translate complex information into simple, polished, engaging content (both written and images)
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of target audience this could be internal stakeholders, end users or third party clients
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative methods for improvement
- Research, outline, write, and edit content, working closely with various departments to understand requirements
- Gather information from subject-matter experts and develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent voice across all documentation
- Create diagrams to illustrate complex engineering concepts and technical information in a concise and approachable way
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a previous process writing or technical writing role
- Experience in automotive or technology industry
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Experience working in Google Suite
- Experience in writing documentation and procedure manuals for various audiences
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex subject matter
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Nice to move you