Lead Indirect Procurement Specialist II (Remote)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. This Position will report directly to the Indirect Procurement Manager or Sr. Manager of Supply Chain and is responsible for supporting the day to day activities of May Mobility's Indirect Purchasing Department and may be leveraged to help on the Direct side as well. This includes working cross-functionally to understand needs for third-party engagement across the business, identifying and evaluating potential partners and suppliers, drafting and issuing RFQs, leading the negotiation of key terms and conditions as well as pricing, managing commercial and supply chain issues, identifying and executing on cost reduction opportunities, and management of third party relationships. This Position will study market prices and trends, as well as industry developments (where applicable) and advise the company with concurrence of the department manager.
This position offers you the opportunity to have real impact while working with some of the most creative and forward-thinking people in the world who are here at this dynamic, technology-focused company.
In this role, you will:
- Implement day to day procure-to-pay transactions for indirect/non-inventory purchases by converting purchase requests into standard Purchase Orders.
- Identify reliable sources, request bids, evaluate quotations, make supplier selections, and coordinate the negotiation of contracts as required to purchase materials and services.
- Support outsourcing and purchasing activities, quoting, SOW, and requisitions related to product development while ensuring suppliers' on-time delivery.
- Deliver value to the organization through developing RFx documents and evaluating supplier proposals (scope, cost, timing, risk, etc.) while prioritizing related company values and objectives.
- Lead cross-functional strategic planning efforts and clearly communicate strategic sourcing options and final recommendations.
- Expedite and resolve high priority concerns and challenges with a sense of urgency.
- Negotiate favorable pricing and terms with suppliers.
- Work with internal customers to understand purchasing needs and timelines.
- Engage and collaborate with internal departments to ensure contract agreement compliance pertaining to legal implications/terms and conditions required to protect the company
- Manage business transactions in ERP including Requisitions, Purchase Orders, Receipts, and Invoice processing
- Develop and execute cost savings strategies to support company goals and departmental commitments.
- Solve problems by analyzing possible solutions using technical experience/judgment with a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Effectively communicate complex information involving Developmental Purchasing, Indirect Procurement, Supply Base, or Supply Chain to others.
- Drive results with a moderate level of guidance and direction.
At a minimum we'd like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, supply chain, engineering, or applicable discipline.
- 5+ years of Purchasing experience in either IT, Professional Services.
- Strong understanding of legal contractual terms and conditions and how to mitigate risks.
- Self-starter with excellent customer service credentials, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- A “Can do” attitude and respect for continuous improvement initiatives.
- Demonstrate a bias toward action and ability to work autonomously.
- Very detail oriented with proven negotiation experience.
- Understanding of general finance and make/buy analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (G Suite, Excel, Word).
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License.
- It's preferred if you have experience with ERP software.
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive healthcare suite including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability plans. Domestic partners who have been residing together at least one year are also eligible to participate!
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Healthcare and Dependent Care Accounts available.
- Rich retirement benefits, including an immediately vested employer safe harbor match.
- Generous paid parental leave with immediate eligibility as well as a phased return to work.
- Flexible vacation policy in addition to 15 paid company holidays.
- Competitive salary and equity program as well as a bonus program.
- Daily catered lunches and snacks for onsite employees
- Employee Work Perk Stipends for hybrid and remote employees
- Total Wellness Program providing numerous resources for overall wellbeing
The expected base salary range for this full-time position is $93,000 - $130,000 per year. May’s pay ranges are determined by the role, level, and location. Successful candidate’s starting base pay will be determined based on factors including but not limited to- job-related skills, experience, qualifications, relevant education or training, and market conditions. A successful candidate will also be eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, equity compensation, and generous company benefits. These ranges are subject to change.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Nice to move you