Community Relations Marketing Manager (Remote)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
The Marketing and Communications team builds May’s profile in the marketplace and drives market growth. The team is highly integrated, and works cross-functionally and with external partners across a range of marketing and PR activity. The team works closely with customer success, field and site operations on the development, launch and nurturing of May Mobility’s commercial sites. The marketing and communications team owns May’s visual and verbal brands externally in the marketplace and at our operational sites across paid, earned, shared, and owned channels.
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, results-driven community relations lead with a growth mindset to own the direction and execution of our strategic efforts to increase awareness to B2G and B2B customer segments, partner with a range of community organizations and understand the ridership landscape at each site to grow ridership. The right candidate will be highly-organized and able to manage multiple site locations. You’ll be an exceptional communicator with superb interpersonal skills, who can interface with community leaders and partners with ease and work cross-functionally to deliver results aligned to business goals.
This role requires both a community relations and a field marketing mindset: to build relations and create a fertile environment for May to enter the market, and grow momentum working with partners to raise awareness of the service, identifying opportunities for local marketing and events, creating marketing collateral. You’ll own and manage planning and budgeting including ROI.
- Develop and own the strategic plan for community relations to liaise with local partners and stakeholders, build awareness for May’s service, identify opportunities to profile the service and boost ridership, and support local events
- Create and manage local site marketing and communications outreach programs with key stakeholders
- Understand organizational goals and how to align the needs of our partners, stakeholders and communities
- Lead the management of partners and organizations across all sites, building a deep understanding of the characteristics of each site and the community we serve
- Highlight May’s commitment to accessibility, inclusivity and safety
- Adeptly communicate May’s mission to create greener, safer and more efficient transit environments
- Coordinate and participate in special events that will influence public opinion, promote or service and company ethos
- Use social media to promote local sites
- Draft, publish and distribute content assets that promote May’s service
- Responds to inquiries from community members and other interested parties; when needed. Pull in support from cross-functional teams including Customer Success as needed
- Create a Community Playbook to own local marketing and communications including sourcing and creating PR, events and other opportunities
Skills and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Community Relations, or a related field
- Historical track record of success of scaling community relations and activity across multiple sites
- Experienced in launching new sites in new cities with transportation related solutions
- 5-7 years experience
- Exceptional project management skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Excellent persuasion skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Self-directing and agile, with the ability to quickly pivot strategies, as needed
- Experience developing and implementing strategic plans aligned with business goals
- Passionate, curious, creative thinker with exceptional analytical skills
- Team player with superb collaboration, writing, and communication skills
- Has a finger on the pulse of what’s happening in every community we serve
- Can handle sensitive or controversial topics with empathy, kindness and professionalism
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Nice to move you