TeleAssist Manager (Onsite)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is in an exciting phase of growth and our team and product are expanding quickly. We are looking for a passionate and organized people and process manager to work on our new remote assistance product. This is a new part of our product portfolio, and we are looking for someone to help create processes and structure for a new team. This position will report to the Director of Customer Operations.
- Work with engineering and operations teams to learn all aspects of TeleAssist product
- Be an expert on using TeleAssist in the field
- Oversee daily TeleAssist operations for commercial and testing environments
- Hire and train TeleAssist Operators
- Coordinate with active sites and schedule coverage of tele-assist services per deployment
- Create and maintain current training material with assistance from the training team
- Work regularly with engineering teams to understand feature changes and additions
- Escalate issues with TeleAssist product to appropriate parties and drive resolution
- Communicate regularly with support teams and operations teams
- Work closely with field operations to provide service during operating hours across time zones
- General people management of TeleAssist Operators, including payroll, coaching, performance review, etc.
- Fill in TeleAssist Operator responsibilities as needed
- Prioritize safety for day-to-day operations
- Maintain consistent communication with TeleAssist Operators
- Meet regularly with Site Managers to coordinate coverage and discuss issues and feedback
- Up to 10% travel required
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree or higher in Business, Technical Operations, or other degree
- Previous experience as a formal people leader in a fast adapting and customer-focused environment
- Proven experience making judgment calls in ambiguous situations
- Previous experience developing processes and managing projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple platforms; strict attention to detail in every situation
- Ability to work effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Technical Operations, or related degree, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience as a people leader in a fast-adapting and customer-focused environment
- Leadership experience in a startup environment
- Proven change management experience
- Prior experience in an operations or logistics background
- Working knowledge of Google Suite, Slack, and Jira
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Nice to move you