Engineering Manager, Behavioral Planning
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
We are seeking an Engineering Manager for our Behavioral Planning team to build our behavioral planning systems while continuing to help mature new products all the way through to production. Our Behavioral Planning team calculates safe paths for the autonomous vehicle to follow using mapping & localization data, waypoints, and predicted actors around the vehicle. Your will lead efforts in continuously improving the planning for emergency situations for complicated maneuvers.
This role will be onsite 4 days week at our Mountain View, CA office
What you'll do:
- Guide all technical aspects of development, including technical requirements definition, design, implementation, unit testing and integration
- Build and improve algorithms throughout the motion planning stack ranging from route planning, trajectory optimization and decision making
- Collaborate with the product and hardware teams on product alignment and deliverables
- Develop policies and plans to manage multi-actor interactions and plans under uncertainty
- Integrate remote guidance requests and autonomy behaviors into the remote assist system
- Contribute to the behavior prediction of traffic participants perceived around the autonomous vehicle
- Actively manage and grow the Behavioral Planning team
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Robotics or a related field
- 7+ years of relevant industry work experience (AV or Robotics)
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Experience in code optimization or high-performance computing
- Experience in applying machine learning for planning problems (e.g. Imitation Learning, Behavior Prediction, Reinforcement Learning)
- Experience writing numerical optimization algorithms
- Experience with classical planning methods
- Experience in C++ skills
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (Azure)
- Experience with ROS/ROS2 or other middleware systems
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- The 10 most innovative companies in transportation of 2023
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 by Forbes
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022 by Forbes
- Gatik been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik named a TIME Best Invention of 2022
- Apeksha Kumavat recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
- Gatik’s Gautam Narang on the importance of knowing your customer
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022 by Goldman Sachs
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile