Shift Coordinator, Fleet Operations
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
As a Shift Coordinator, you will be responsible for assisting operations leadership with day-to-day operational planning, delivery, monitoring, and reporting to ensure the success of the shift. As our team grows, you will help with training, onboarding, and mentoring AVOs, conduct ride-along with operators and might even run your own route from time to time.
This role is onsite at our Toronto, ON office!
What you'll do:
- Responsible for meeting customer requirements and ensuring Gatik's goals are achieved by documenting internal and external reporting to optimize staffing levels by creating custom reporting for client visibility
- Drive a safety-first culture across all aspects of the operations
- Assist managers in day-to-day coordination and management of business operational activities and updating the pre-approved schedules of AVOs (autonomous vehicle operators) and dispatchers
- Monitor, control, and manage business operations to meet customer expectations and company goals
- Ensure process audit documents are complete and on time
- Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure project delivery within allotted budget and timelines
- Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures and keeping standards and procedure documentation up to date
- Evaluate current operational performance and provide a strategic plan for improvements
- Identify problems in the operations process and resolve them in a quick and timely manner
- Maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purposes
- Exhibit a positive attitude in stressful situations and have flexibility with last-minute changes and working hours, if necessary
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation Management, Fleet Management or related field
- 2 years experience in shift planning, wave planning, order forecasting, or other demand management experience
- Data analytic skills using tools such as Excel and Google Sheets or other programs used for data analysis
- Ability to be flexible and operate fleet vehicles when required
- Valid AZ, DZ or BZ driver's license, clean driving record and safe driving habits
- Clean background check, Driver Abstract and Insurance Vehicle Record check
- Proven experience as coordinating logistics or operations
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- The 10 most innovative companies in transportation of 2023
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 by Forbes
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022 by Forbes
- Gatik been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik named a TIME Best Invention of 2022
- Apeksha Kumavat recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
- Gatik’s Gautam Narang on the importance of knowing your customer
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022 by Goldman Sachs
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile