Senior/Staff Engineer - Vehicle Chassis
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
The Senior/Staff Engineer - Vehicle Chassis is an expert in by-wire systems with experience in both hardware and software and will drive the production of a safe system associated with Steer by Wire, Brake by Wire, Throttle by Wire, and Shift by Wire technologies. This senior role involves leading the DbW development within a collaborative and cross-functional environment. You will work on system design, vehicle integration, testing, and validation. You will use your knowledge and experience to strengthen hardware and software capabilities that connect and integrate the Gatik DbW Electronics Control Unit (ECU) to various vehicle control platforms and systems. If this technical development and leadership role sounds exciting and you share our passion for AVs, we’d love to hear from you!
This role is onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Design and implement an optimum drive-by-wire architecture for safe & robust control of Class 3-6 autonomous trucks
- Evaluate and select component suppliers and vendors to build the Drive-by-Wire system and collaborate with OEMs and Tier 1s to integrate into target vehicles
- Lead development and validation of vehicle/system design specifications incorporating regulatory standards and test procedures
- Build test environment for by-wire control and test case development
- Manage and support resolution of chassis control design, attribute or performance gap through deep collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Define specifications and test suites to tune parameters and compare the performance of different controllers - diagnose and correct deficiencies in designs and prototypes and develop calibrations methodsEvaluate safety and redundancy according to industry standards such as ISO 26262 and SOTIF
- Utilize HIL (hardware-in-the-loop) test infrastructure to automatically verify onboard code changes and profile performance
- Troubleshoot, triage and provide diagnostic support for field issues related to the vehicle control system
What we're looking for:
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar with an emphasis in controls
- 5+ years of experience in automotive development engineering and chassis systems (steering, braking, suspension)
- Competency in vehicle dynamics, mechanical systems, electronic systems, and embedded software
- Experience developing requirements specifications for control systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement full time critical systems
- Knowledge with model-based development tools such as MATLAB/SIMULINK
- Familiarity with high assurance development practices and tools (Polarion, ISO 26262, MISRA C/C++, etc.)
- Self-starter; the ability to own projects with little oversight
- Experience with MIL-HIL-VIL testing for automotive embedded systemsExperience with CAN, LIN analysis, and debugging tools (PCAN, CANalyzer, CANape, etc.)
- Strong background in classical control and modern control theories
- Experience reverse-engineering CANbus communications
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- The 10 most innovative companies in transportation of 2023
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2023 by Forbes
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022 by Forbes
- Gatik been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik named a TIME Best Invention of 2022
- Apeksha Kumavat recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
- Gatik’s Gautam Narang on the importance of knowing your customer
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022 by Goldman Sachs
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile