At Edge Case Research, we enable our customers to assure the safety of autonomous systems for real world deployment. We are developing products that define and measure the safety of autonomous systems. Our client base spans diverse markets such as automotive, mining, defense, insurance, and aerospace. Edge Case is founded by recognized world leaders in autonomy safety. Our experts are writing the standards and developing the products that will bring innovation safely into society.
The Staff Accountant role
Edge Case Research is building out its global accounting function and is looking to recruit an experienced accounting professional for the newly-created role of Staff Accountant, reporting to the company’s Controller.
This individual will help evolve the organization and drive all sorts of growth initiatives and evolution of our accounting operations including general ledger completeness and accuracy. This position will be hands-on, interacting and coordinating with colleagues in Finance, HR, IT and the various business functions around the Company to ensure proper accounting treatment of the company’s business, execution of the various accounting processes, and the reporting of financial results.
We are seeking a talented Staff Accountant to work with business partners across Accounting and Finance to ensure data is complete, accurate, and timely. This person will be responsible for month-end close processes, and financial reporting while keeping a keen eye on efficiency improvement.
Success in this role requires attention to detail with excellent collaboration and communication skills. The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that offers rewarding challenges. Successful candidates will have a strong sense of ownership, the ability to identify/implement process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and enhance partnerships between the Accounting team and our finance, business and IT partners.
What You’ll Do
- Create and implement scalable accounting processes, policies and internal controls across various revenue, expense and balance sheet account activities.
- Leverage ERP systems/tools (e.g., Costpoint, etc.) and process improvements to drive efficiencies across the monthly close and other financial processes.
- Research and apply technical accounting principles to accounting transactions/treatments.
- Drive the execution of monthly financial reporting, analysis and KPI reporting related to the company’s business activities.
- Participate in monthly G/L close activities (create/enter JEs, update subledgers, reconcile accounts).
- Support various aspects of quarter and year-end review, and eventually audit, requirements and statutory tax reporting requirements.
- Ability to perform at the highest levels of business partnership across the breadth of the Company’s business.
- Very strong customer mindset and communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented, requiring limited supervision
- Constructively partners to resolve conflict situations.
- Communicates in a professional, timely, objective and diplomatic manner.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team members.
What You’ll Bring
- BS in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- CPA or progress towards it is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of internal control frameworks and concepts of control design and operational efficiency.
- Comfortable using technical accounting research tools and applying ASC standards to transactions.
- High degree of GAAP knowledge.
- 2-3 years of professional accounting experience, ideally in a Big Four public accounting or regional accounting firm.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data, including data manipulation capabilities using pivot tables, VLOOKUP formulas and the like.
- Excellent computer skills, including strong Microsoft Office experience
- For US Applications: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Edge Case Research Values:
- Company headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision insurance with majority of premiums covered
- Employee stock option plan
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement plan with company match
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Group life insurance
- Snacks and coffee provided at Pittsburgh and Munich offices
- Flexible working hours with work from home options to support work/life balance
Edge Case Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. ECR values all employees’ talents and supports an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Edge Case Research
DELIVER THE PROMISE OF AUTONOMY WITH EDGE CASE RESEARCH