Senior Financial Analyst
At Edge Case Research, we enable our customers to assure the safety of autonomous systems for real world deployment. We are developing products that define and measure the safety of autonomous systems. Our client base spans diverse markets such as automotive, mining, defense, insurance, and aerospace. Edge Case is founded by recognized world leaders in autonomy safety. Our experts are writing the standards and developing the products that will bring innovation safely into society.
The Financial Analyst role
Edge Case Research is building out its global Finance function and is looking to recruit an experienced finance professional for the newly-created position of Senior Financial Analyst (the “SFA”) to help drive a comprehensive finance program around the Company’s global business reporting, forecasting & planning, and business intelligence activities.
Reporting to the Company’s Chief Financial Officer and working alongside the company’s new VP of Finance, the SFA will help drive the company’s day-to-day corporate and financial planning, modeling and analysis, management reporting, and business intelligence activities. In this role, this professional will have the opportunity to have invaluable experience through daily interactions with executive management and have a significant impact throughout all areas of Edge Case’s business and operations!
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a key business partner and contributor to the company’s growth strategies, performance management, forecasting, and strategic planning.
- Participate in the preparation and review of annual budgets and adherence to them throughout the year.
- Implementation and management of a rolling 5-quarter forecasting model for the purposes of providing visibility into the business and establishing corporate financial performance targets.
- Develop, analyze, and interpret financial modeling and operating information in order to improve forecast accuracy and visibility.
- Play a key role in the implementation, use and evolution of the company’s financial ERP systems.
- Identify the Key Performance Indicators that measure the competitive, financial, and operational effectiveness of the Company.
- Participate in the evolution and execution of financial updates for various internal and external stakeholders, including CEO, executive leaders, the Company’s Board of Directors and stockholders.
- Provide additional support and contributions to such company initiatives as new business and M&A opportunities.
- Support the financial evaluation and implications of potential new products, operating models, contracts, marketing programs and technology solutions.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and financial analysis and presentations for executive management and the Board of Directors.
- Help develop and implement frameworks for effective investment decision making, such as ROI, EVA, and Economic Profit analytical tools to ensure decisions are made in alignment with the creation of shareholder value.
- Special project support as assigned by the CFO and VP of Finance.
What You’ll Bring
- BS in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent, is required; CPA is highly desirable.
- 1-3 years of financial analysis experience from a leading public transaction services group, investment bank, consulting, or high growth company.
- Demonstrated prowess in financial and strategic planning, including core competencies in budgeting and reporting, financial modeling and analysis, capital budgeting and good familiarity with corporate accounting.
- Excellent analytical, modeling and communication skills, in-depth experience with financial statement analysis and a strong understanding of corporate finance concepts.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. A good listener with outstanding influencing qualities and a natural, effective consultative style. We are looking for someone who can identify and flesh out important issues.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask; an independent/flexible problem solver who can cope positively with changes in the work environment.
- Demonstrated history and ability dealing with executive management.
- Ability to respond and prioritize effectively while meeting deadlines.
- For US Applications: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Edge Case Research Values:
- Company headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Hybrid work schedule
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental and vision insurance with majority of premiums covered
- Employee stock option plan
- Paid parental leave
- Retirement plan with company match
- Generous paid vacation and sick time
- Group life insurance
- Snacks and coffee provided at Pittsburgh and Munich offices
Edge Case Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. ECR values all employees’ talents and supports an environment that is inclusive and respectful.
Edge Case Research
DELIVER THE PROMISE OF AUTONOMY WITH EDGE CASE RESEARCH