Full Stack Engineer
Wise Systems is a high-growth, sales-driven company building an exceptional team. The key to our business growth is finding the right people to join our global organization. If you are ready to accelerate your career and join a team that is transforming an entire industry, we need you.
Based in Cambridge, MA, Wise Systems was started out of MIT and is transforming the last-mile delivery industry with an AI-driven technology platform that is used by some of the world’s largest fleets. The company is growing rapidly and building an incredible, diverse team that shares a deep commitment to our customers’ success. Wise Systems also has a highly engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science.
What we are looking for:
Wise Systems Platform Team is looking for a Senior Fullstack engineer to work on ensuring continued modernization and elastic scalability of our platform. This engineer will deliver impact across our business objectives by working on cloud-native serverless adoption, NoSQL db migration, container-based microservices, and continuous delivery.
As our product scales to optimize the globe, we seek an engineer with experience developing AWS-native serverless applications who is fast and adaptable, and able to quickly context switch to new projects. You will be expected to be a problem solver and have the opportunity to work toward the development of new features while also providing strategic guidance in areas impacting the overall system architecture.
- Strong ownership of the full stack - one or more of the following: JS/node, docker, python, golang, DynamoDB, Mongo, Postgres
- Design, develop and implement large-scale distributed systems with large volumes of data, focusing on scalability, latency, and fault-tolerance
- Work with Engineering and Product teams to negotiate functional and non-functional requirements
- Analyze and improve efficiency, reliability, and scalability of the platform
- Experience with AWS services common to serverless architectures (AWS Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB, Cloudfront, etc.)
- Experience building REST APIs and other common application architectures in a serverless context
- Proficient understanding of data infrastructure and backend systems
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Gitlab and pipeline-as-code deployment patterns
- Experience with Terraform and AWS SAML to manage infrastructure-as-code
- Experience with application monitoring / observability
- You have a disciplined and focused approach to solving problems
- You bring a culture of respect for customers based on integrity, collaboration and partnership with your peers in the company
- You value being in a team-oriented culture
- You pride yourself in coming up with creative solutions
- You are goal-oriented, a quick learner, a self-starter, and a problem solver
Why Work At Wise Systems:
- Strong incentive-based compensation package
- Open/Flex PTO
- Remote/Hybrid Friendly
- Annual training stipend and career development opportunities
- Internal Employee Events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI Driven Final Mile Logistics