Display Software Engineer
Skyryse wants to allow anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by the Skyryse operating system, we automate flight controls and management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error in all flight stages, and in emergency situations. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
DISPLAY SOFTWARE ENGINEER - HMI, EL SEGUNDO, CA
As a Display Software Engineer, you will work with an interdisciplinary team to develop the next generation of human machine interfaces that Skyryse will offer as part of its FlightOS system. You will work closely with other software engineers to develop requirements for the Primary Function Display and Multi-Function Display and to perform software/system test and integration. Your work will conform to strict standards for human factors and flight safety, while also offering an entirely new vision for a pilot interface. You will help redefine the experience of flight, making it simpler and more accessible for the next generation of aviators.
- Working with the Product Design team to define requirements
- Performing software and system test and integration of the cockpit display with the rest of the avionics system
- Test and integrate the HMI application on the target embedded platform
- Comprehensive testing strategy and generate evidence of full test coverage
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other Engineering related field
- 2+ years experience software engineering, requirements development, software and system integration and testing
- Excellent programming skills in Python
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a flexible, fast paced, and challenging technical environment
- Familiarity and experience with DO-178C development processes, FAA Certification, EFIS TSO and MOPS
- Experience in Cockpit Display development
- Understanding of Primary Flight Display and Multi Function Display
- Understanding of agile environment software implementation
- C/C++ programming experience
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary Range: $100,000 - $120,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.