Project Engineer - Lead
Skyryse wants to empower anyone, to fly anywhere, in any aircraft, safely and as a highly experienced pilot would. Powered by FlightOS, we automate flight controls and systems management to achieve unmatched safety and eliminate opportunities for human error. We want to make flying as ubiquitous as the road and as safe as the elevator.
PROJECT ENGINEER - ELECTRONICS LEAD, EL SEGUNDO, CA
- Act as project lead for the Electrical Engineering including managing cost, schedule, testing, and more
- Circuit design, integration, verification & validation, as well as documentation of various avionics assemblies
- Maintain specialized knowledge of FlightOS systems
- Mentor junior electrical engineers
- Use technical experience and expertise to solve complex tasks utilizing cutting edge technology
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent training and experience
- 10+ years of experience with power electronics, analog, and digital design
- DO-160 DAL C or higher design experience
- Experience programming FPGAs
- Familiarity with ARM Architecture
- Must well understand means of grounding including separation of grounds (different layers / common points)
- Must understand EMI / EMC and lightning issues and implement designs that maintain operation and not be susceptible to damage
- Understanding of electrostatic discharge and electromagnetic pulse
- Experience with initial breadboard checkout and working with protoboard assembly companies
- Ability to create schematics and prepare packages for PCB layout and fabrication.
- Experience with documentation control systems, either manual (excel) or PLM, ERP, etc.
- Multi-bus connectivity and interfacing including backplanes, RS422, CAN, I2C, etc.
- Experience with motor control systems, including steppers, brushless and their control peripherals
- Experience with power supplies, definition and design, with a focus on reliability and ruggedness
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary Range: $160,000 - $200,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.