HR Generalist (Hybrid)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is in an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a passionate and diligent HR Generalist who thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our People Operations team. This person will oversee core HR functions while providing excellent customer service and a fantastic employee experience. There will be both administrative and strategic responsibilities that will provide foundational support to our most important asset - our people. This role reports to the Director of People Operations.
- Regularly review and update employee handbook, policies and guidelines for federal, state and local compliance as well as necessary adjustments
- Regularly audit people systems (HRIS, payroll, etc) as well as files and folders to ensure accuracy and proper maintenance of records
- Maintain records and reports to conform to EEO regulations including site and corporate reporting requirements and AAP planning and reporting
- Closely partner with the recruitment team and internal and/or outside counsel to answer all candidate questions related to immigration
- Lead immigration support for all employees partnering with outside counsel to provide leadership and guidance on all immigration needs
- Maintain online and hard immigration files for compliance as well as relevant data relating to visa and PERM status, FICA, H1B lottery, etc
- Help support DEI&B efforts which could include but are not limited to maintaining the DEI&B calendar, partnering with employees on DEI&B issues / asks and finding resolutions, etc
- Administer the new hire onboarding program and maintain associated content so it’s always up to date and relevant
- Help develop and maintain documentation of People Operations Team processes
- Help support, develop and present workshops and trainings on core People Operations programs like performance management, OKRs, etc.
- Provide secondary support with regards to May’s benefit and wellness programs in partnership with vendors and service providers, including but not limited to:
- Health (medical, dental, vision, COBRA)
- Time off (vacation, sick leave, LOA, FMLA)
- Retirement (401k)
- Life and Disability
- Support our Employee Experience Manager with coordinating our bi-annual employee offsites and ad hoc social events
- Other special projects as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years of increasingly complex and varied HR experience, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Minimum 3 years of experience using human resource information systems (ex: PeopleSoft, ADP or similar HRIS),
- General knowledge of employment laws, including when to involve attorneys or internal leadership for additional support
- Experience as key point of contact with employees and outside counsel providing immigration support including visa transfer, PERM process, etc
- Organized self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced, constantly growing & evolving startup environment
- Demonstrated ability to operate in an environment with ambiguity and change; adapting to and being a champion for positive change
- Ability to get things done through others, without a direct reporting relationship
- Impeccable discretion when handling confidential or sensitive information
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly-organized
- Ability to multitask and problem solve
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- HR certification (HRCI and/or SHRM) strongly preferred
- Experience using Google Suite, Lattice (or similar performance management & engagement software), Greenhouse (or similar ATS and onboarding software), Awardco (or similar reward and recognition software)
- Passionate about self-driving cars and their impact on the world
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you