Site Supervisor (Onsite)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Onsite employees come into HQ or one of our sites at least 4 times a week and have a dedicated workstation with a monitor, keyboard, etc. This role is an onsite role, based out of Sun City, AZ.
May Mobility is entering into an exciting phase of growth as we expand our first-of-its-kind autonomous shuttle and mobility services across the nation. We are looking for an experienced Site Supervisor to be a part of the local team.
- Do you love learning about new technology?
- Are you an empathetic communicator and collaborative problem solver?
- Can you bring an exceptional balance of people skills and process-driven focus to the team?
- Are you capable of thriving in a startup environment where no two days are the same, and willing to tackle both large and small tasks with an all hands on deck mentality?
- Do you have a high level of personal responsibility that allows you to lead by example, work independently for long periods of time, and easily navigate between smooth and hectic shifts?
If you answered yes to these questions, this could be the role for you!
As a Site Supervisor, you will work independently and alongside your teammates to ensure a safe and positive experience for our riders, contracted Autonomous Vehicle Operators, and customers by coordinating daily logistics and handling any issues that arise. You will report directly to the Site Manager and will be vital in ensuring May Mobility exceeds expectations for customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that operations during each shift follow rigorous safety guidelines; continuously develop a culture of safety that is beyond reproach
- Follow daily protocols and track site performance metrics to systematically improve outcomes
- Become an expert in quickly collecting, documenting, and reporting feedback on mechanical and vehicle-related issues to the engineering team; collaborate with engineers and other team members to troubleshoot and handle escalations that could negatively impact operations
- Create a work environment that values all team members
- Cover shifts across days and times that fall outside normal business hours
Required Qualifications and Skills
- 1+ years experience as a people leader in a fast-adapting and customer-focused environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple platforms; strict attention to detail in every situation
- High comfort level with making judgment calls in ambiguous situations
- Understanding of best practices when it comes to top-notch customer service
- Ability to work effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- 3+ years experience as a people leader in a fast-adapting and customer-focused environment
- Associates degree or higher in Business, Technical Operations, or related area
- Prior experience in operations or logistics
- Working knowledge of Google Suite
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you