Field Operations Trainer (Hybrid)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is entering into an exciting phase of growth as we expand our first-of-its-kind autonomous shuttle and mobility services across the nation. As our vehicle fleet continues to grow both in numbers and technological capability, we are looking for a Field Operations Trainer to help develop and execute a world-class training experience for our Autonomous Vehicle Operators and Test Drivers. This role will report directly to our Field Operations Training Manager and will also work closely with site operations personnel across the country.
- Are you excited about being part of a team that sets up new self-driving shuttle operation sites around the country?
- Do you love learning about new technology and sharing these complex concepts with an audience?
- Are you an empathetic communicator and collaborative problem solver? Can you bring an exceptional balance of people skills and process-driven focus to the team?
- Are you a leader who is passionate about developing leadership skills in others?
- Are you always looking for new ways to refine your process and incorporate feedback into your work?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, this could be the role for you!
- Be an expert at operating and understanding May vehicles - know how they work and how to drive them - while also occasionally driving research vehicles for training purposes.
- Train Site Leadership on the safe and reliable operation of May Shuttles. Develop all Site Operations personnel to become May vehicle experts too, and assist in teaching them to provide top-notch customer service to customers and Shuttle passengers.
- Assist in developing and standardizing training materials and presentations for Autonomous Vehicle Operators in each site office; assist Site Operations Team in conducting Autonomous Vehicle Operator training programs and evaluations at new site operations prior to launch.
- Develop other engaging and repeatable training programs to teach and certify May team members in safe operation of our product. Directly contribute to customer and passenger satisfaction by developing best practices for teaching and training.
- Regularly review and evaluate training programs to ensure that training needs are being fulfilled and customer satisfaction remains high.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- 1+ year(s) experience developing and delivering training programs, focused both on process and people development in a technology-based organization
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills across multiple platforms
- Ability to work effectively with team members at all levels of the organization
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record for at least 3 years
- Demonstrated ability to approach problems in a methodical and process-oriented manner
- Ability to travel 2-3 weeks at a time to field offices, approximately 30% of the year
- 3+ year(s) experience developing and delivering training programs, focused both on process and people development in a technology-based organization
- Experience developing and implementing training programs across multiple platforms and locations
- Exposure to the autonomous vehicle or robotics industry
- CPR Instructor Certified
- Experience in digital media production, specifically with Adobe products
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you