Staff Software Engineer
Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
We are seeking passionate Staff Software Engineers, who have strong fundamentals in software development practices and are experts in C++ language in production-oriented environment. The ideal candidate is a highly experienced C++ developer with a passion for enabling the world's first safe, reliable & efficient network of autonomous vehicles. You will partner with the research and software engineers to design, develop, test and validate AV features for our autonomous fleet.
This role will be onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View office!
What you'll do:
- Design, implement, integrate, and support real-time mission-critical software for the Gatik’s autonomy stack
- Work with the research engineers to develop maintainable, testable and robust software designs
- Architect and implement solutions to complex issues between components partitioned across the large software stack
- Be at the forefront of guiding & ensuring best SDLC practices while contributing to improving the safety in the core autonomy stack
- Collaborate with the Infrastructure and DevOps teams for efficient, secure and scalable software delivery to a network of Gatik’s autonomous fleet
- Guide and mentor autonomy researchers and algorithm developers to make sure their components are running efficiently and with optimal compute and memory usage
- Review and refine technical requirements and translate them into high-level design & plans to support the development of safe AV technology
- Conduct code and design reviews and advise on technical matters
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Robotics or in a related degree
- Master's or PhD degree preferred
- 7+ years relevant industry work experience in a production environment
- Expert software developer in C++ and build systems (Conan, Cmake, Bazel)
- Experience using software project management software (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Proven system integration and software architecture skills
- Strong background in liner/non-liner optimization, linear algebra or statistics
- Experience with building frameworks/software infrastructure for large scale projects
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022
- Gatik has been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik and Walmart Achieve Fully Driverless Deliveries in 2021
- 50 List of Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies of 2021
- Gatik and Loblaw achieve First Fully Driverless Deployment in Canada in 2022
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022
- Co-founder and Chief Engineer, Apeksha Kumavat, Recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.