Senior Geographic Information Systems Analyst
Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
Our Product team works closely with cross-functional teams to define, prioritize and deliver impactful products that delight our customers. We are seeking a Senior GIS Analyst to gather, organize and synthesize geospatial data that will enable our Product, Engineering and Operations teams to make informed decisions about where to operate and why.
This role is onsite 4 days a week at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you will do:
- Analyze and codify geospatial data to help define Gatik’s Operational Design Domain (ODD)
- Create and maintain the customer route/ODD documents and databases
- Standardize ODD data structures across tools and product documentation
- Track ODD and route metrics through development and deployment phases
- Set up tooling and infrastructure
- Build human-readable maps and populate with data that contextualizes our deployments
- Work with Product Managers to create reports that guide decision making and roadmap prioritization
- Work with mapping and engineering teams to harmonize ODD data structures and HD map data structures as required
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Geography, Data Science or related field
- 2+ years of analytics and reporting experience
- 4+ years of working with GIS and other mapping tools
- Familiarity with state-of-the-art Operational Design Domain standards (AVSC, ASAM, ISO, etc.) and associated best practices
- Familiarity with mapping practices, city planning and transportation infrastructure definitions (preferred)
- Experience working with taxonomies and creating taxonomic classifications (preferred)
- Familiarity with autonomous driving systems and how they work (preferred)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022
- Gatik has been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik and Walmart Achieve Fully Driverless Deliveries in 2021
- 50 List of Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies of 2021
- Gatik and Loblaw achieve First Fully Driverless Deployment in Canada in 2022
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022
- Co-founder and Chief Engineer, Apeksha Kumavat, Recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.