Full Stack Developer
BasiGo is an early stage e-mobility start-up looking to revolutionize the public transportation sector by providing matatu owners with a cost effective electric alternative to diesel. We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our team. The Full Stack Developer will work with the engineering team reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, and build tools to facilitate an amazing customer experience for our clients, drivers, and passengers
BasiGo’s Mission and Values:
BasiGo is a mission-driven organization. Our mission is to create the future of clean, electric public transport in Africa. We are building a team committed to this mission and aligned to our core values:
- We make safe, electric transport ACCESSIBLE to all people in Africa.
- We REVOLUTIONIZE the bus experience for owners and passengers.
- We build solutions that SCALE to meet the urgency of the climate crisis.
- We succeed as a TEAM by helping each other grow and thrive.
You might like this job if:
- You believe electric transportation is the future and want to make it a reality
- You’re able to take a risk on something new, thrive in ambiguity, and can adapt to change
- You solve problems, not just answer questions.
- You want to create a cleaner, safer, and technologically advanced future for African cities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop a suite of software applications for data acquisition, customer management, customer reporting and payments, and operations management.
- Develop internal and client facing front-end web interfaces on established frameworks.
- Build out a reliable cloud based architecture (e.g. AWS or other)
- Develop interfaces to third-party software services and data systems.
- Deploy tools and simple processes to facilitate QA, issue resolution, and bug tracking.
- Work with cross-departmental teammates to assess SW development projects, define priorities, communicate status, and develop priorities.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or at least 3 years of experience as a software developer building software at scale.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Java, or .Net, and utilizing external APIs for integration with partner systems.
- Proficiency developing simple mobile applications for Android OS is a plus.
- Understanding of software QA processes and a demonstrated ability to self-test and personally ensure quality for code.
- Direct experience with relational database technology such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, RDS, etc.
- Direct experience with non-relational database technologies such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure or other similar cloud-based infrastructure services.
- Attitude and approach:
- A proactive approach to work, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and to maintain a high-quality standard when working under time pressure.
- Growth mindset, excited to learn and not scared of asking questions.
- Self-motivated and a great team player.
BasiGo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnic background, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic established by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.