Are you a natural communicator who enjoys storytelling and problem-solving within a high-growth business? Being a part of an early-stage company, you'll have the opportunity to reimagine all forms of communications, from corporate and product narratives to events, as well as hands-on experience in developing communications from the inside out.
We are seeking a savvy communicator and strategic thinker with strong writing skills to support our narrative across multiple constituencies. As part of our team, you will assist in all aspects of writing, media relations, media analysis, identifying high-level speaking engagements, awards, and maintaining and developing media strategies. You'll also participate in liaising with the press, define social media strategies and create opportunities for thought leadership. You'll be responsible for increasing corporate and product visibility, share-of-voice, and resonance of key messages. Our ideal candidate is a creative, well-written idea-builder with a degree in communications or public relations and a portfolio of successful work.
Los Angeles-based Skyryse is bringing trust, safety, and the accessibility of flight for all through FlightOS, its easy and intuitive integrated flight control system, removing many of the complexities of managing an aircraft during standard flight operations, inclement weather, and emergencies. Come help tell our story.
- Draft communications materials, including press releases, statements, fact sheets, Q&A documents, bylined articles, pitches, and social media content;
- Establish strong relationships with journalists, including business, technology, finance, and relevant industry trade writers within aviation, weather, government, and space;
- Coordinate, prep, and staff interviews with executives and the media
- Manage speaking opportunities grid and corresponding submissions for key executives;
- Manage awards program and corresponding submissions
- Assist with the management of corporate social media channels and select members of the leadership team;
- Support asset development from video, photography, social media content, and other graphics
- Support trade shows and event planning and execution
- Support internal communications initiatives
- Track and measure Skyryse and industry media coverage, share of voice, and key message pick-up
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field
- 2-4 years of public relations experience
- An exceptional writer, speaker, and editor
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts into clear and simple non-technical messaging;
- Organized, process-oriented, and detail-oriented with a strong understanding of prioritization
- Strong ability to harmonize messages across multiple channels
- Outcome-focused and motivated by delivering measurable results
- Experience generating coverage reports, managing press requests, and building media lists
- Proven media relations experience
- Some agency experience preferred
- Master’s degree in Communications or a related field
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary Range: $75,000 - $100,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO policy
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
COME AS YOU ARE
Skyryse is an equal-opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity