Systems Engineer - Guidance, Navigation, and Controls Team
To support Skyryse missions, any systems, components, software or technology must be developed with the most rigorous processes to ensure they are certifiable by regulatory agencies and are safe to operate. In this role, you are empowered to change that perception and oversee the technology development from the angle of certifications. You will lead the development of certifiable flight automation technologies and cost-efficient processes for the new Urban Commercial Aviation industry.You will work with the FAA directly to certify our most advanced flight control system. You will influence and coach the entire company to better understand certification processes
- Coordinate the architecture and development of the systems/subsystems for a certifiable autonomous flight control system
- Work with the multifunctional teams to implement the architecture strategy
- Develop and maintain the certification plans
- Lead and manage the certification progress internally and externally; Ensure certification artifact delivered on time
- Act as certification artifacts submittal liaison with the regulatory authorities
- Advocate and train the Skyryse teams to follow and contribute to the processes
- Bachelor's degree in any engineering discipline
- 4+ years experience of aerospace or related certification process
- Understanding of aircraft/vehicle QA and management principles and processes
- Excellent communication/coaching skills
- Great attitude to improve processes to serve people
- Write review and approve system and vehicle level requirements
- Conduct multi-disciplinary design reviews including PDR, CDR through different phases of development through to production readiness and certification
- Experience developing, writing, and reviewing certification documentation such as Issue Papers,Certification Plans, Design Compliance Reports, etc.
- Comfortable performing basic analysis to capture metrics to support requirements development
- Self starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision to influence the organization
- Masters or PhD degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering discipline
- Knowledge in FAR Part 23/25/27/29, ARP 4761/4754A, DO-178/254/160 and other aerospace regulations/processes/standards
- Experience with STC/TC certification project or FAA ACO working experience
- Previous, active or application pending FAA Designated Engineering Representative (DER)
- Working knowledge and ability to work with MATLAB/SIMULINK
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Competitive salary
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity