Sr. Software Engineer - HMI Display
As the Principle HMI Display Software Engineer, you will work with an interdisciplinary product team to develop the next generation of human machine interfaces that Skyryse will offer as part of its FlightOS system. You will work closely with other software engineers, UI/UX developers, and product team professionals to drive requirements for the Primary Function Display and Multi-Function Display and to perform software/system test and integration. Your work will conform to strict standards for human factors and flight safety, while also offering an entirely new vision for a pilot interface. You will help redefine the experience of flight, making it simpler and more accessible for the current and next generation of aviators.
- Work as a member of the Product Design team to define requirements and provide full FlightOS system traceability
- Perform software and system test and integration of the cockpit display with the rest of the avionics system
- Test and integrate the HMI application on the target embedded platform
- Comprehensive testing strategy and generate evidence of full test coverage
- Contribute to the prototyping and iterative UI/UX design for multi-screen aircraft
- Contribute to the design of interfaces and interactions that reduce pilot workload, keep the pilot informed, and make the user experience of our system both easy and intuitive in any flight regime.
- Participate in user research to validate product concepts in simulated and actual flight environments.
- Other duties as assigned by VP, Product.
- 7+ years experience software engineering, requirements development, software and system integration and testing
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a flexible, fast paced, and challenging technical environment
- History of interdisciplinary teamwork, design leadership, and collaboration with C-suite decision makers.
- Familiarity and experience with DO-178C development processes, FAA Certification, EFIS TSO and MOPS
- Experience in Cockpit Display development (PFD and MFD elements), automotive interactive displays, or other embedded systems.
- Understanding of agile environment software implementation
- Experience with Python
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary Range: $155,000 - $175,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity