Guidance, Navigation, and Control Engineer - Mid Level
As a Guidance, Navigation and Control Engineer, you will help shape the technical direction for architecting and implementing all path planning, motion planning, and flight control algorithms on board our aircraft. You will play a critical role in developing the spatial technology that will impact the viability of our bold objective to make aviation safer and more accessible to all.
- Assist with all Guidance, Navigation, and Control functions and analysis activities including dynamic trajectory planning and Flight Envelope Protection design
- Support GNC design specifications generation, validation and verification activities
- Generate documentation for design, analysis, specification and test procedures and results
- Develop analysis tools and algorithm using a Matlab/Simulink environment
- Support Hardware in the Loop (HIL) and flight test activities
- Work in a collaborative manner with other engineering disciplines such as Perception, Safety, Certification and Systems, Flight Test and lines of business as appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Controls, Mechatronics, or Electrical Engineering and 5 years of experience
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline with 3 years of experience or PhD with at least 1 year of experience
- Demonstrated competence in dynamical systems modeling and control
- Experience modeling rotorcraft physics is highly desired
- Familiarity with Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) architectures and deployment in aerospace applications
- Experience with certification of verification of physics based models, Aircraft Control Law specifications, analysis, development, integration, HIL simulation, flight test, and data analysis
- Experience in linear and non-linear flight dynamic models development by using System ID tools and methods
- Experience in developing the other subsystem dynamic models, such as actuators, sensors, etc in accordance with the need of GNC activities
- Understanding of the functionality of major aircraft subsystems and avionics
- Experience working as part of a team that has transitioned to production automation solutions for complex dynamic systems
- Experience in working as part of a team that has certified a regulated safety critical automation solution in Aerospace industry
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink
- Familiarity with CIFER and Conduit tools
- Demonstrated competence with multivariable system modeling and control, analysis and simulation in aircraft applications
- The opportunity to change the world through improving aviation safety and accessibility
- Salary Range: $115,000 - $135,000
- Valuable stock option plan
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental and vision plans
- Flexible PTO plan
- A company with an ambitious vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, motivated, and fun to work-with colleagues!
WE WELCOME ALL
Skyryse is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Safety Through Simplicity