River is an electric vehicle startup building multi-utility scooters. The company builds products ground up with a strong focus on design and engineering. Currently, the company is in the product development stage with prototypes being tested on the road. River is backed by marquee international investors - Lowcarbon Capital, Toyota Ventures, Israel based Maniv mobility and US based Trucks VC. These are mobility focused funds backed by some of the big names in the automotive industry. River is founded by experienced automotive professionals and is a fast growing company with a team of 180+ people.
Website : https://www.rideriver.com/
Location : Whitefield Bangalore (On-Site)
Role: Studio Engineer - Industrial Design
We are seeking a Studio engineer for our Industrial design team. The ideal candidate would be the one who will help us design unique, inspiring and consistent products in a fast paced and highly creative environment.
- Experience: 5 plus years of experience in an Automotive Design Studio
- Degree: Degree in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering
What you’ll do:
- Being the internal Engineering support within Design, creating feasible solutions to meet the design intent
- Help to incorporate engineering, legislative, and manufacturing requirements into the design
- Translate geometrical development and integration across Design, Product Engineering, and Manufacturing teams
- Assist in Design Solution maturation relative to "Class A" surface progression.
- Collect, manage and communicate technical input and limitations to the design team
- Actively follow feasibility of design and raise critical issues
- Come up with innovative solutions with respect to vehicle packaging with an understanding of the architecture and help design push beyond the status quo
- Manage and document agreements between Design and Engineering
- Manage and document the status of shared 3D content between engineering and design studio
What you need to have:
- Blend of creativity, a keen eye for aesthetic quality and an understanding of the technical limitations
- Expertise in CAD, preferably Solidworks/Catia
- Holistic approach to problem-solving, confidence in decision making
- Awareness of homologation, and legislative compliance
- Strong skills in communicating new ideas and concepts on paper, digitally, and verbally
- Understanding of vehicle architectures and packaging
- Working knowledge of Alias software would be an advantage.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
High-Quality Mobility Solutions