Quality Engineer II (Onsite)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Quality Engineer to establish and maintain quality systems and best practices to mitigate risk to the fleet vehicles and improve build quality. This is a unique opportunity to play a prominent role in the development of a quality presence in a fast growing company.
- Establish and support system improvements for traceability of all hardware issues throughout the entire product life cycle - design to field
- Track and trend quality issues, analyze scope of risk and provide actionable recommendations to leadership
- Create and implement quality checks in production work steps from first inspection through final quality assurance; Revising when necessary for efficiencies
- Ensure non-conforming materials are appropriately processed through material quarantine, evaluation and troubleshooting in a timely fashion
- Engage with suppliers on quality issues and initiate corrective action when required
- Lead root cause-identification, problem-resolution, and continuous improvement initiatives for various types of quality, production or field-related issues
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop process and production improvements
- Resolve problems by negotiating with internal and external stakeholders with conflicting requirements
- Trains other teammates on quality concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or commensurate quality experience
- 5+ years of experience in quality or manufacturing engineering
- Ability to interpret engineering documents, including CAD drawings and wiring diagrams
- Familiarity with automotive ISO/IATF standards
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience interfacing with employees at multiple levels throughout the organization
- Experience with continuous improvement methods such as 8D, CAPA, Six Sigma
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Ability to undergo driving record check
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Masters degree in Engineering, Business, or Quality
- Quality auditing experience (for example VDA)
- Automotive electrical background
- Experience with PPAP, APQP activities
- ASQ certifications
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Experience troubleshooting autonomous vehicle systems
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you