Data Engineer II
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Software @ May Mobility
The SDI Team is a key enabler of the May Mobility mission, operationalizing the experience of using autonomous technology for real people on real routes. We leverage automation and DevOps culture to build cloud infrastructure and developer productivity tools at scale. We provide the data backbone of the company, from raw log data on vehicles to consumers with varying needs. We build experiences for internal teams managing the fleet, external customers and passengers. Members of this tight-knit group act as a force multiplier for the company.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
- Build state-of-art data distribution, storage and analysis platforms powering experiences for internal and external customers
- Manage and scale our real-time and historical data pipelines, and its underlying infrastructure, to enable our fleet to operate and facilitate continuous development of our system
- Contribute to designing and implement data models for optimal storage and retrieval meeting requirements of stakeholders with different needs
- Define, build, and expand libraries and APIs for managing, searching, and analyzing vehicle datasets with internal and external partners
- Participate in new technology introduction initiatives for modern data tools and industry best practices
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent degree and 2+ years of industry experience
- Hands-on experience with distributed technology such as Kafka, Spark, Spark Streaming, Storm, Flink, Cassandra
- Strong working knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience in an object oriented programming language, such as C++, Python, or Java
- Attention to detail and rigorous testing methodology
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with robotics, automotive engineering, or start-ups is not required
- Ability to undergo a driving record check
- M.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and 2+ years of industry experience
- Experience building and managing large-scale data-processing pipelines in a cloud environment
- Experience with build and deployment tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Docker
- Experience managing cloud infrastructure as code, such as kubernetes, helm, or terraform
- Working knowledge of telemetry systems and real-time data processing
Benefits and Perks
- Paid health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation policy and generous holidays
- Significant stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you