Internal Audit Manager (Hybrid)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is growing and expanding our team and we are seeking our first Internal Audit Manager to help us build out our internal audit function. This role reports to the Director of Accounting.
- Lead the preparation of the corporate risk assessment analysis and work with management and those charged with governance in planning audits
- Enhance the company’s control framework by contemplating documentation available to date and establishing and updating internal controls as a result of the risk assessment and business knowledge obtained within this role
- Support the execution of risk assessments for business and product areas, analyze gaps identified and recommend remediation actions for risk gaps
- Define audit scope and design control testing steps to evaluate the adequacy of the control designs and operating effectiveness
- Effectively partner with finance, legal, and cross functional stakeholders to ensure completion of remediation activities agreed upon during audit projects
- Provide guidance to all departments as to control and process best practices and assist with enhancing and establishing policies, implementation of new systems or applications incorporating responses to audit finding or recommendations
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to ensure regulatory and risk issues are properly identified and managed in new and existing product and services
- Lead trainings internally to increase awareness of internal controls
- Coordinate internal audit work performed by third-party firms
- Collaborate and provide recommendations on the future vision of the internal audit function, which includes considerations of resourcing, internal audit methods, and technology enablement
- Leads coordination with the external audit team in supporting the documentation required for internal controls for the annual audit
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or CIA
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in an audit and/or advisory practice at a public accounting firm or a senior internal audit role, with a combination of both experiences a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), risk and controls standards and business process best practices
- Firm grasp of technical accounting and SOX methodologies (controls design, risk assessment, testing strategies, etc.)
- Experience in helping a company get public company ready from a internal audit and controls perspective a plus
- Advanced technical, analytical, and communication skills
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to effectively discuss audit findings and develop impactful solutions with business partners
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you