Accounts Payable Analyst (Hybrid)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Hybrid employees come into HQ or one of our sites on an agreed upon cadence set by their leader and based on the nature of the role. This role is a hybrid role, based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a part time Accounts Payable Analyst to add to our Accounting team. We are looking for a candidate that can build new processes, maximize the use of our recently implemented ERP system, and work cross-functionally. This role reports to the AP Supervisor.
- Ensure accuracy of vendor invoices and record them in the accounting system with proper coding
- Ensure that sufficient documentation is maintained
- Mark bills as paid in the accounting system
- Review automatic payments and credit card payments to ensure proper recording, documentation, and appropriateness of payments
- Manage billing inquiries, such as payment methods and payment remittances
- Ensure sales tax applied or not applied is appropriate
- Maintain accurate vendor master data in the accounting system
- Assist with bank and credit card reconciliations
- Assist with monthly financial reporting, reconciliations, investigation of variances and provide analytical support (including but not limited to budgets, forecasting, audit, tax reporting and other accounting processes)
- Perform accurate data entry for accounting functions including Accounts Payable (A/P), Accounts Receivable (A/R) and order processing
- Interact with vendors to handle general inquiries, payments, refunds and statements
- Interact with the purchasing department as needed to match orders and shipments
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of general accounting or Accounts Payable experience
- Recent graduate or in the process of completing a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or 2 years of additional experience
- Completion of mid-level accounting courses and a basic understanding of financial principles
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong organization, time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Team player, motivated to learn and take on new challenges
- Ability to diplomatically approach team members to discuss sensitive financial matters
- Ability to use professional judgment to escalate matters when necessary
- Flexibility and ability to display sound judgment while operating in a fast-paced environment
- Experience using Netsuite ERP
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful equity incentives
- Medical / dental / vision / 401k
- Unlimited vacation / company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you