Shift Coordinator, Fleet Operations
Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
As a Shift Coordinator, you will be responsible for assisting operations leadership with day-to-day operational planning, delivery, monitoring, and reporting to ensure the success of the shift. As our team grows, you will help with training, onboarding, and mentoring AVOs, conduct ride-alongs with operators and might even run your own route from time to time.
This role is onsite at our Dallas, TX office!
What you'll do:
- Shift Coordinators are responsible for assisting Operations leadership with day-to-day operational planning, delivery, monitoring, and reporting to ensure the success of their shift.
- As an individual contributor, you make sure that the team is fully organized and working together through collaboration and influence with the Vehicle Operator Supervisors and the leadership team.
- You will be responsible for helping meet both customer requirements and ensuring department and company goals are achieved by documenting internal and external reporting to optimize staffing levels by creating custom reporting for client visibility into our results. You will review and ensure data is up to date for reporting purposes.
- As our team grows, you will help with training, onboarding, and mentoring AVOs, conduct ride-along with operators and might even run your own route from time to time.
Specifically, you will:
- Drive a safety-first culture across all aspects of the operations
- Assist managers in day-to-day coordination and management of business operational activities and updating the pre-approved schedules of AVOs (autonomous vehicle operators) and dispatchers
- Monitor, control, and manage business operations to meet customer expectations and company goals
- Ensure process audit documents are complete and on time
- Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure project delivery within allotted budget and timelines
- Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures and keeping standards and procedure documentation up to date
- Evaluate current operational performance and provide a strategic plan for improvements
- Identify problems in the operations process and resolve them in a quick and timely manner
- Maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purposes
- Exhibit a positive attitude in stressful situations and have flexibility with last-minute changes and working hours if necessary
What we're looking for:
- Data analytic skills using tools such as Excel and Google Sheets or other programs used for data analysis
- 2 years experience in shift planning, wave planning, order forecasting, or other demand management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation Management, Fleet Management and/or related field/work experience
- Ability to be flexible and operate fleet vehicles when required
- Valid US driver's license, clean driving record and safe driving habits (CDL license is preferred)
- Clean background check, drug screen and DMV Motor Vehicle Record check
- Proven experience as coordinating logistics and/or operations
- Proven ability to seamlessly navigate and shift between strategic thinking and tactical activities, understanding the linkage and impact between them
- “Get stuff done” mentality and proven operational effectiveness
- Influential, resilient, and humble yet assertive; able to effectively tell the story to a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of vehicle engine, drive train, frame and body, suspension and steering, braking, exhaust, and ignition systems
- Familiarity with Hours of Service, USDOT, and Ontario MTO requirements
- Experience with vehicle import and export regulations/documentation
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022
- Gatik has been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik and Walmart Achieve Fully Driverless Deliveries in 2021
- 50 List of Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies of 2021
- Gatik and Loblaw achieve First Fully Driverless Deployment in Canada in 2022
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022
- Co-founder and Chief Engineer, Apeksha Kumavat, Recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile