Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
Our Operations Supervisor should be passionate about the intersection of logistics and technology and inspired by the challenge of helping build world-class logistics operations and transportation networks. This person should enjoy working on teams that are building operations from the ground up, she or he is consistently curious and boasts a proven track record of coordinating complex operations, consistently exceeding expectations. This person should be excited about owning ambiguous, hairy new challenges and tasks. Gatik is a fast-moving, dynamic environment where flexibility and adaptability are key attributes.
This role is located in our Dallas, TX office!
What you'll do:
- General Objectives:
- Develop and maintain Gatik standard operating procedures (SOPs) and execute them
- Provide training to new and existing AVOs and act as backup AVO, as required
- Accountable for the organization and maintenance of both physical and digital operational work areas (maintenance of garage, dashboards and reports with performance metrics, tasks, issues, statuses, etc.)
- Document data for stakeholder meetings (internal and external)
- Ensure fleet maintenance is tracked and carried out on time.
- Perform regular audits on vehicle safety, pre-trip and post-trip inspections, vehicle cleanliness and hours of service
- Work with other operations, engineering, and other teams to coordinate 3rd party suppliers for regular or ad hoc service and repair needs
- Coordinate transportation of vehicles within the local market or longer distances
- Support engineering operations teams by managing availability schedules for trucks, people, and various 3rd parties
- Accountable for tracking and replenishing inventory related to operations or other purposes
- Maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purposes
- Exhibit a positive attitude in stressful situations and have flexibility with last-minute changes and working hours if necessary.
- New Operations Deployment
- Plan and execute deployments of new vehicles, routes, staff, customers, operations, and processes
- Complete full new location startup playbook - including hiring, training, onboarding, client communication on timeline and activity completion, design reporting tools, SOP documentation, relevant client procedures, KPI establishment, garage equipment setup
- Complete 100% of vehicle readiness activities - vehicle prep, fleet maintenance, hardware installation, vehicle receipt and documentation. Coordinate vehicle maintenance, testing, vehicle transport and usage activities with engineering, sales, marketing, procurement and fleet deployment and maintenance team
- People Management
- Facilitate regular meetings with customers and develop and build strong relationships with customers and partners
- Manage AVO and AVO Supervisor schedules for operations and testing to minimize overtime while ensuring coverage
- Schedule regular 1:1s, ride along, and team meetings with AVOs and Supervisors to coach, counsel, and continuously improve the operation
- Leadership Objectives
- Drive a safety-first culture across all aspects of the operation
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders with updates, requests, and escalations as necessary
- Be able to complete any and all tasks that would be expected of an AVO
- Be comfortable researching and self-teaching as necessary to learn and master new ideas and concepts
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Transportation Management, Fleet Management or a related field
- 5+ years of experience leading high performing teams and people management
- Experience managing a fleet of vehicles and operators
- Experience with scaling businesses and launching new operations
- Experience with Excel and Google Sheets or other programs used for data analysis
- Valid US driver's license, clean driving record and safe driving habits (CDL license is preferred)
- Clean background check, drug screen and DMV Motor Vehicle Record check
- Experience in Supply Chain (Lean Management or Six Sigma), Logistics, and Operations Management Consulting experience (preferred)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022
- Gatik has been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik and Walmart Achieve Fully Driverless Deliveries in 2021
- 50 List of Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies of 2021
- Gatik and Loblaw achieve First Fully Driverless Deployment in Canada in 2022
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022
- Co-founder and Chief Engineer, Apeksha Kumavat, Recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile