Head of Hardware Test & Validation
Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
As the Head of Hardware Test & Validation, you will develop hardware tests & validation plans, design test profiles, run & manage these tests, collect & interpret data, and submit test reports summarizing the results. You will work closely with other teams to ensure that the tests and test-plans meet the needs of the project goals and provide valuable feedback to the design process. You will manage the internal teams as well as external vendors to ensure component validation for sensors and components including lidars, cameras, radars, GNSS/INS, etc.
The ideal candidate has worked for many years in Hardware Test and Validation in the Automotive Industry or a related industry and has led a team for at least two years. They will be experienced in designing the tests for environmental testing, HALT, HASS, EMI/EMC and lifetime testing for both component-level and vehicle-level testing. This team will also be responsible for building and deploying HiL Testing infrastructure, so the ideal candidate will have experience with Electrical Design for HiL Test Setups.
This role is hybrid at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you will do:
- Build and manage the hardware test and validation team
- Create test and validation plans for AV hardware components and hardware packaging
- Design specific test profiles utilizing our field measurement and requirements
- Operate the tests internally and outsource the testing as appropriate
- Benchmark the reliability and performance of subcomponents
- Collect measurements, interpret data and generate test reports to provide feedback to the appropriate teams
- Create internal standards and procedures for testing and validation
- Manage external vendors for component specifications & validation
- Build, manage and deploy HiL Systems to the systems engineering teams
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 7+ years of engineering testing & validation experience in the hardware space with a strong focus on designing & managing validation plans
- 2+ years of experience leading a hardware test & validation team.
- Experience defining and managing mechanical and environmental tests
- Experience defining and managing RF and electrical tests
- Experience with data acquisition systems for testing and data processing (CANbus)
- Experience with designing and deploying HiL test setups
- Experience in the automotive, trucking, aerospace, robotics, or automation industry with production at scale
- Familiarity using measured data to create HALT tests for accelerated testing
- Experience with sensor technology such as camera, ultrasound, lidar, and radar (preferred)
- Familiarity to automate workflows (macros or data analysis) (preferred)
- Familiarity with MatLab and/or Python (preferred)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022
- Gatik has been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik and Walmart Achieve Fully Driverless Deliveries in 2021
- 50 List of Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies of 2021
- Gatik and Loblaw achieve First Fully Driverless Deployment in Canada in 2022
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022
- Co-founder and Chief Engineer, Apeksha Kumavat, Recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile