Engineering Manager, Perception
Who we are:
Founded in 2017, Gatik is the leader in autonomous middle mile logistics. We deliver goods safely and efficiently using medium duty trucks with a focus on short-haul, B2B logistics for Fortune 500 customers such as Walmart and Loblaw. Gatik enables our customers to optimize their hub-and-spoke operations, enhance service levels and product flow across multiple locations while reducing labor costs and meeting an unprecedented expectation for faster deliveries.
About the role:
We are seeking an Engineering Manager for our Perception team to develop online lidar and imagery detection classification algorithms for static & dynamic objects in and around the roadway. Our Perception team contributes to our multi-modal sensor capabilities and dynamic range extension fused with perception and prediction. Ultimately, you will improve our object identification, classification and tracking for better behavioral and intent prediction.
This role is hybrid at our Mountain View, CA office!
What you'll do:
- Partner effectively across functional disciplines and align with our product management group and hardware teams
- Create advanced perception systems that accurately perceive a self-driving vehicle and its environment using imaging and 3D sensors
- Design and implement all key components of the perception system such as object detection, object tracking and multi-sensor fusion
- Develop, test, debug to maintain a reliable and safe production quality code
- Develop cloud pipelines for data pre-processing, model training, data post-processing and inference
- Train perception models, evaluate their performance, investigate and fix performance bottlenecks
- Develop scalable training and evaluation tools and infrastructure
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Robotics or a related field
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience (AV or Robotics)
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Deep experience with computer vision and sensors: camera, LiDAR, radar, GNSS, IMU and other multi-functional sensors
- Expertise in the state-of-art deep learning techniques for object identification and classification
- Experience with multiple sensor modalities used in robotics and AVs
- Experience developing in a concurrent, multi-processor and multi-threaded software
- Understanding of Jira and program management tools and processes
- Strong C++ skills
- Experience with distributed computing
- Publications in your field (especially CVPR, CoRL, ICCV, RSS, ICRA) (preferred)
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022
- Gatik has been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik and Walmart Achieve Fully Driverless Deliveries in 2021
- 50 List of Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies of 2021
- Gatik and Loblaw achieve First Fully Driverless Deployment in Canada in 2022
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022
- Co-founder and Chief Engineer, Apeksha Kumavat, Recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile