Autonomous Fleet Dispatcher
Gatik is leading the way in autonomous middle-mile delivery by developing a safe, efficient, autonomous delivery solution that addresses real pain points for the retail industry. Operating on fixed, predetermined routes, we are the first company to develop and deploy light/medium duty autonomous box trucks.
We’re hyper-focused on solving for the middle mile; an unsaturated and underserved segment of the supply chain. With e-commerce demand rising exponentially, it’s now more important than ever. We’re looking for the best team members who are driven by customer success and improving transportation operations because that is what our customers expect.
In this role, you'll act as the central point of contact for emergency/non-emergency communication and reporting. You'll receive requests via Slack, phone and Zoom; transmit messages to drivers and clients; track freight and vehicles; and ensure drivers are following proper process while reporting information as required.
The goal is to facilitate proper delivery and driving processes by communicating well and ensuring the accurate and timely transmission of information. All candidates must have the ability to think quickly on their feet and troubleshoot last minute issues, while communicating with AV Operators on Slack, call, or through text. The ideal candidate will calmly handle both emergency and non-emergency situations with a solution-oriented approach and communicate professionally with the staff and client personnel to ensure seamless operations.
As our company grows in the AV space, take on new client roles, add vehicles to our fleet, and modify our vehicle configurations you will support top fortune 500 clients at a local and international level.
In this role you will:
- Log into our technical applications.
- Communicate to the team who is on shift and what vehicle they will operate for the day.
- Log the schedules - delivery times - shipment arrivals - delays - communicate with the hub.
- Work with your team to communicate the daily metrics, events and occurrences that happened on your shift GPS tracking of vehicles
- Take inbound calls and outbound calls for the fleet operations.
- Receive emergency and non-emergency instant messages or calls.
- Request, research, review, record, and share significant information as required.
- Address problems and requests by transmitting information or providing solutions.
- Receive and dispatch orders and updates to ensure deliveries are flowing smoothly.
- Prioritize tasks according to urgency and importance.
- Monitor the status of drivers and deliveries to coordinate and prioritize their schedule.
- Provide drivers and clients with information about updates and completed tasks.
- Enter data in the computer system and maintain logs and records of interactions, activities, and other information.
- Dispatch personnel according to written schedules and work orders, or as required by an emergency situation.
- Maintain contact with drivers throughout their shifts and address any routing issues they might have
- Update customers on the status of their deliveries including any delays that occur.
- Maintain vehicle operator work records using computerized or manual methods and ensure timesheets and payroll summaries are completed accurately.
What you bring to the table:
- 3 years or more of proven experience as a dispatcher or in a relevant position - Transportation Fleet or Warehouse shipping
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of instant messaging and order management systems
- Fast typing, with experience in data entry
- Knowledge of procedures and guidelines for emergency situations
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Active listener with excellent communication skills
- Sound judgment and critical thinking
- Ability to, and comfort with, working remotely
- Local to the Toronto Gatik location
- Access to stable, high-speed internet connection
- Access to a computer that can run order management software, Slack, and dispatching software
- Availability to work 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday - however, if routes are delayed or a last moment client request is made you will pick up extra hours at other times
More about Gatik:
With headquarters in Mountain View, CA and offices in Canada, Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, Gatik is establishing new standards of success for the autonomous trucking industry every day. Visit us at Gatik for more company information and Jobs @ Gatik for more open roles.
- America’s Best Startup Employers of 2022
- Gatik has been named as a 2023 FreightTech 25 winner!
- Gatik and Walmart Achieve Fully Driverless Deliveries in 2021
- 50 List of Most Promising Artificial Intelligence Companies of 2021
- Gatik and Loblaw achieve First Fully Driverless Deployment in Canada in 2022
- Gatik CEO Gautam Narang was Named Among the Most Exceptional Entrepreneurs of 2022
- Co-founder and Chief Engineer, Apeksha Kumavat, Recognized on the Inc. 2022 Female Founders 100 List
Taking care of our team:
At Gatik, we connect people of extraordinary talent and experience to an opportunity to create a more resilient supply chain and contribute to our environment’s sustainability. We are diverse in our backgrounds and perspectives yet united by a bold vision and shared commitment to our values. Our culture emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect and agility.
We at Gatik strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that together we can do great things. We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomous Delivery Network for the Middle Mile