Senior Full Stack Developer
BasiGo is an early stage e-mobility start-up looking to revolutionize the public transportation sector by providing matatu owners with a cost effective electric alternative to diesel. We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join our team. The Senior Full Stack Developer will work with the engineering team reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, and build tools to facilitate an amazing customer experience for our clients, drivers, and passengers.
BasiGo’s Mission and Values:
BasiGo is a mission-driven organization. Our mission is to create the future of clean, electric public transport in Africa. We are building a team committed to this mission and aligned to our core values:
- We make safe, electric transport ACCESSIBLE to all people in Africa.
- We REVOLUTIONIZE the bus experience for owners and passengers.
- We build solutions that SCALE to meet the urgency of the climate crisis.
- We succeed as a TEAM by helping each other grow and thrive.
You might like this job if:
- You believe electric transportation is the future and want to make it a reality
- You enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- You’re able to take a risk on something new, thrive in ambiguity, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You want to create a cleaner, safer, and technologically advanced future for African cities
- You strive in the art of project management and are a stickler for detail
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design and implement scalable and reliable software systems architectures.
- Develop a suite of software applications for data acquisition, customer management, customer reporting and payments, and operations management.
- Design and implement reliable cloud based architectures (e.g. AWS or similar solutions)
- Develop interfaces to third-party software services and data systems.
- Deploy tools and simple processes to facilitate QA, issue resolution, and bug tracking
- Provide technical guidance and feasibility to stakeholder business requirements
- Work with cross-departmental teammates to assess software development projects, define priorities and communicate status.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior team members
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Create system documentation
- Bachelor’s or four year degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or at least 6 years of experience as a software developer building software at scale.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Java, or .Net, and utilizing external APIs for integration with partner systems.
- Proficiency developing simple mobile applications for Android OS is a plus.
- Understanding of software QA processes and a demonstrated ability to self-test and personally ensure quality for code.
- Direct experience with relational database technology such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, RDS, etc.
- Direct experience with non-relational database technologies such as MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with AWS infrastructure or other similar cloud-based infrastructure services.
Attitude and approach:
- A proactive approach to work, the ability to handle multiple tasks, and to maintain a high-quality standard when working under time pressure.
- Growth mindset, excited to learn and not scared of asking questions.
- Self-motivated and a great team player.
BasiGo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ethnic background, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic established by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Creating the future of clean, electric public transit in Africa!