Devops Engineer III
Imagine a world where every driver with a smartphone is safer and where massive amounts of data and insights make cities safer and reduce insurance costs for everyone. Zendrive is rapidly executing its mission of “making all roads safer using data and analytics” and is focused on building products to support the evolution of transportation. Zendrive is looking for a DevOps Engineer III . You will be setting the tone for how DevOps should evolve in a small and rapidly growing org like Zendrive. You will build repeatable, reliable, scalable processes and tools for delivering multiple products. This includes managing instances and clusters, automating deployments, and doing regular maintenance.
What you need to have:-
- Good written and communication skills to collaborate with developers
- Should have a good understanding of Linux operating system ( Booting process, system/init, File system) and related command-line interface
- Should know shell scripting and its execution environment
- Should have good knowledge of network topologies, protocols ( TCP, UDP, IP, etc), routing, and command-line interfaces
- Should have managed production infrastructure for 3-5 years including incident management, troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and debugging
- Should have worked with AWS cloud on EC2, EBS, VPC, Security group, Autoscaling, ELB, ALB, IAM and its operation aspects
- Knowledge of containerisation technologies - docker, etcGood experience on Hadoop cluster installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance.
- Good experience on Hadoop cluster performance tuning.
You will get bonus points for:-
- Knowledge of containerisation and K8sKnowledge of serverless infra AWS Lambda, EKS, ECSKnowledge of Hadoop, spark ecosystem.
- Knowledge of automation tools like Ansible, Salt, chef , terraform, etcKnowledge of SQL (RDBMS), NoSQL, SQL databases
- Knowledge of caching technologies like Redis, Memcache, Pub-Sub system Kafka, AWS SQS, etc
- Knowledge of python/groovy or any other programming language
What you will get:-
- Highly scalable infrastructure which is well designed and maintained.
- Opportunities to automate complex systems with simple ideas.
- Managing and learning of complex systems like Hadoop and Spark ecosystems, Elasticsearch cluster and no SQL databases, AWS cloud technologies, etc
- Mentors to gain insights and experience of system and technologies to grow on a career path
- Work on automation tools like Ansible, salt, and terraform.
What we offer you:-
Working from a remote location of your choice, until such time as we figure that it is safe to move into a more conducive office space, which may not be anytime soon. Having said that, we provide a great collaborative environment even virtually with the best engineering talent to be found anywhere in the world. Along with a competitive salary, we will be providing you the opportunity to contribute to the development of products that make a real impact on the world.
If you are excited about the job description and see yourself excelling in this role, hit the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button at the end of this page. Our Talent Acquisition team will get in touch with you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.