Software Development Engineer III - Backend
“The function of good software is to make the complex appear to be simple.” - Grady Booch
Zendrive is processing large-scale datasets obtained through smartphones to analyse driver and traffic behavior in order to make the roads of the world safer for drivers and in the process, we are contributing to the acceleration of the evolution of transportation.
The engineering team at Zendrive is responsible for developing next-generation products that address this goal. If you are passionate about writing code that processes terabytes of data in real-time affecting millions of users, creating best-in-class backend infrastructure, building microservices, optimised client libraries that are super easy to operate, secure, and cost-effective, then Zendrive is the place for you.
We want a Backend Engineer to join our Bangalore team.
As Software Development Engineer III , you will:
- Solve complex, unknown and ambiguous problems spanning across teams and delivering them with high quality
- Anticipate and propose plan/design changes based on changing requirements
- Use your engineering experience and technical skills to materially affect how ads are served every day at huge scale and watch it impact the company’s revenue
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc
- Drive priorities with other engineers, engineering managers and product managers to facilitate timely accomplishments of business objectives
- Proactively suggest learning opportunities about new technology and skills, and be a role model for constant learning and growth
- Build solutions that make impact at a global scale and meet the needs of millions of customers
You must have:
- 5+ years of professional experience coding with Java / Python
- B.E / B.Tech OR M.Tech / Dual degree in Computer Science
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms and their application
- Good understanding of building scalable systems which are easy to operate and cost-effective
What’s In It For You
- Receive a competitive salary and performance bonuses
- Be recognised and appreciated for your hard work in our kudos and awards culture
- Build world-class products, such as our Collision APIs
- Learn with the best: Work with a world-class, industry-leading team of engineers and data scientists
- Work on challenging problems, such as eliminating all road collisions
- Discover both vertical and lateral growth opportunities for your career
- Enjoy the benefits of a full-time job such as health insurance and spending allowances
- Enjoy the benefits of Zendrive’s culture with regular events, celebrations, and gifts
- Work from a remote location of your choice, until we deem it safe to return to an office environment
What we offer you
Working from a remote location of your choice, until such time as we figure that it is safe to move into a more conducive office space, which may not be anytime soon. Having said that, we provide a great collaborative environment even virtually with the best engineering talent to be found anywhere in the world. Along with a competitive salary, we will be providing you the opportunity to contribute to the development of products that make a real impact on the world.
If you are excited about the job description and see yourself excelling in this role, hit the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button at the end of this page. Our Talent Acquisition team will get in touch with you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.