Imagine a world where every car with a smartphone is safer, where massive amounts of data and insights make cities safer and reduce insurance costs for everyone. The Zendrive mission is to make all roads safe using data and analytics, and we are focused on building products to support the evolution of transportation.
If you are passionate about transportation and leaving a meaningful impact on the world; if you believe that the mobile revolution together with machine learning and our massive data set can help transform industries that are lagging behind-- you would love what we do at Zendrive.
We are seeking a Data Engineer to join our Business Operations vertical. If you consider yourself highly motivated, self-directed, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, consider joining us. You've worked to develop unparalleled analytical skills and a knack for using all resources to your avail. Now put those skills to work in your next great challenge: researching, dissecting, and creating new models for how Zendrive operates in the insurance industry. When you're done, the space will never look the same.
What we want you to do:
- Perform complex insurance, financial, and economic research/analysis
- Analyse big data to unearth interesting trends
- Build data expertise, create and maintain scripts, data pipelines and tables
- Collaborate with other functional areas to develop quality standards, strategy tactics and systems for monitoring performance as the business scales
- Present findings and recommendations and, as needed, lead projects to achieve desired goals
- Write complex and efficient queries to transform raw data sources into business insights by coding in Python and SQL
What you need to have :
- BE / BTech from a reputed institute
- 2+ years of analytical experience and/or product experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience working in Big Data ( Python and Pandas ) and distributed systems is a must
- Experience with Advanced SQL is a must
- Experience with AWS /GCP and Spark is desirable
- Proficiency in conducting complex analysis in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets is plus
- Ability to communicate qualitative and quantitative results clearly, succinctly and confidently in verbal and written communications
- Excellent collaboration abilities with both technical and non-technical partners
- Comfort with a dynamic and high-pressure environment and adaptability to shifting priorities
What we offer you:
Working from a remote location of your choice, until such time as we figure that it is safe to move into a more conducive office space, which may not be anytime soon. Having said that, we provide a great collaborative environment even virtually with the best engineering talent to be found anywhere in the world. Along with a competitive salary, we will be providing you the opportunity to contribute to the development of products that make a real impact on the world.
If you are excited about the job description and see yourself excelling in this role, hit the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button at the end of this page. Our Talent Acquisition team will get in touch with you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.