Interested in building a new generation of GNSS satellites at the speed of new space?
GNSS (GPS) creates upwards of $500B in economic value in the US every year, supporting everything from consumer applications, to transportation systems, to time sync for critical infrastructure. As these industries progress towards autonomy the performance and security demands of their navigation systems are increasing beyond what GNSS can support, leaving a need for a cost-effective global solution.
Using lessons we've learned at places like SpaceX and Blue Origin, Xona is constructing a modern satellite network at the rapid pace of the new space industry leveraging the recent wave of technology and regulatory advancements. Building on our patent pending small satellite architecture, we are developing a robust and accurate service that is an independent alternative to GNSS rather than a correction, solving the longstanding challenge of obtaining a reliable high accuracy solution from the very fragile GNSS signals. Our satellite system will provide the first ever high-accuracy global navigation and timing services with the security and resilience modern applications need to operate safely at scale.
Xona you will develop state-of-the-art hardware and software solutions to solve real problems that can have a massive world impact. Xona is driven by the mission to enable modern devices to operate safely in any environment, anywhere on Earth, and unlock the true potential of the age of autonomy.
Our satellite navigation payload is at the core of Xona's satellite system. As an Electrical Engineer you'll be a part of the team designing the circuits and PCBs that perform various functions within our system. This will involve owning designs from concept to flight including supporting fabrication, testing, and validation of your components. You'll be responsible for designing parts to bring cutting edge navigation technology to life in a space environment.
- 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering in a team environment
- Proficiency with PCB layout and circuit design using electronic CAD software
- Understanding of design considerations for high reliability circuits in extreme environments
- Experience in designing circuits for software defined radios, FPGAs, and microcontrollers
- Experience with electrical test equipment and troubleshooting / debugging at a circuit level using embedded software
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e. Green Card holder), or other protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
- Familiarity with the full lifecycle of electrical product design
- Proficiency in C/C++ and MATLAB or Python
- Experience with UART, SPI, I2C, Ethernet interfaces, USB, PCIe, etc. including implementing drivers for different interfaces in C/C++
- Experience with test automation for volume production
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Xona Space Systems
UNLEASH THE AGE OF AUTONOMY