People & Culture Generalist (HR)
Wise Systems is a high-growth, sales-driven company building an exceptional team. The key to our business growth is finding the right people to join our global organization. If you are ready to accelerate your career and join a team that is transforming an entire industry, we need you.
Based in Cambridge, MA, Wise Systems was started out of MIT and is transforming the last-mile delivery industry with an AI-driven technology platform that is used by some of the world’s largest fleets. The company is growing rapidly and building an incredible, diverse team that shares a deep commitment to our customers’ success. Wise Systems also has a highly engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science.
Wise Systems is looking for a People & Culture Generalist to join our team in Montreal. In this role, you will partner and collaborate with team members to reach company objectives by proactively applying HR solutions. Successful candidates should understand how payroll, HR programs, and process improvement work. Building relationships, exercising good judgment, and working across a global environment are critical in this role.
- Process of US and Canadian semi-monthly payrolls (input/changes, processing special payments, balance/reconcile = payments, etc.)
- Provide recommendations for process improvements, including implementation and documentation
- Proactively partner with the People & Culture team to establish and document new HR processes
- Educate employees on HR policy, process, and practice to ensure effective execution.
- Support managers to increase understanding and application of HR processes
- Respond to employee inquiries promptly, including off-boarding activities
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations in Quebec.
- Ability to build effective working relationships with a broad range of styles at all levels in the organization
- Ability to think logically and independently, comprehend complex issues, and identify opportunities to add value and deliver effective solutions
- Results-oriented and focused on meeting deadlines
- Innovative, flexible, and a substantial change agent who seeks opportunities for improvement
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Organize company perks and team-building activities
- 3-5 years of experience in HR and partnering with employees and managers.
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English is required.
- A payroll background are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of recruiting best practices and talent acquisition
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, or a similar field
Why Work At Wise Systems:
- Strong incentive-based compensation package
- Open/Flex PTO
- Remote/Hybrid Friendly
- Annual training stipend and career development opportunities
- Internal Employee Events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI Driven Final Mile Logistics