Accountant (Associate Level)
Wise Systems is a high-growth, sales-driven company building an exceptional team. The key to our business growth is finding the right people to join our global organization. If you are ready to accelerate your career and join a team that is transforming an entire industry, we need you.
Based in Cambridge, MA, Wise Systems was started out of MIT and is transforming the last-mile delivery industry with an AI-driven technology platform that is used by some of the world’s largest fleets. The company is growing rapidly and building an incredible, diverse team that shares a deep commitment to our customers’ success. Wise Systems also has a highly engaged network of advisors, mentors, and investors passionate about enabling new standards and capabilities in delivery and logistics through engineering and data science.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for the right candidate to help us scale the accounting function to support the growth of the business. Working closely with the rest of the Finance Team, the Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for the execution of certain financial operations, the performance of month-end close procedures, ensuring timely financial closes and the accurate reporting of financials and related metrics. In addition the Staff Accountant will work with the team to continuously develop, implement and revise accounting procedures to support the growth of the business.
- Perform financial operations including but not limited to cash, expense management, accounts payable, accounts receivable and tax compliance
- Maintain accurate balance sheet reconciliations and document processes for month end close
- Prepare and post monthly revenue entries, including complex contract transactions
- Interface across the sales team and other departments to review contracts and customer accounts for revenue implications
- Assist in workflow integration, including Netsuite ARM module and Salesforce. Continue to assess and suggest areas of improvement in accounting processes
- Participate in the annual financial statement audit, the annual tax returns, and sales tax compliance
- Assist in assessing internal controls, including assessments and reviews of risk areas
- Other ad hoc projects as needed
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a similar role, ideally at a tech startup
- Thorough knowledge of SaaS accounting, including ASC 606 accounting practices
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable with direct interaction with senior management
- Accurate with strong attention to detail
Why Work At Wise Systems:
- Strong incentive-based compensation package
- Open/Flex PTO
- Remote/Hybrid Friendly
- Annual training stipend and career development opportunities
- Internal Employee Events
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
AI Driven Final Mile Logistics