Developer - Data Science
Suffering from climate anxiety? So are we.
That's why we developed EcoRail, a software solution for reducing GHG emissions in the rail industry. EcoRail provides crews with real-time driving recommendations to operate their train in the most efficient way possible. Like Tesla did for cars, we strive to do for trains with user-friendly AI technology as we drive the rail industry towards being a fully autonomous system.
RailVision Analytics is a venture-backed start-up at a seed stage with numerous clients, including VIA Rail and Metrolinx. As we continue to grow our client base, we are looking to expand our team with enthusiastic, forward-thinking people who want to have a positive impact on the environment through innovation.
If you're looking for a meaningful career, love the fast-paced culture of a start-up, and thrive on the flexibility of WFH (with the opportunity to travel for our destination quarterly meetings), then you've come to the right place. Apply and join our RailVision team today!
Why Work With Us?
- Awesome WFH policy with quarterly in-person meetings around the world
- Competitive salaries for quick-learners and fast-paced individuals
- You will have the ability to gain career experience beyond strict job requirements, with decision-making power to be the master of your own projects
- Resources for self-improvement including courses, software, workshops, and conferences
- We are committed to hiring great people from diverse backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger
Job Description Overview
As a Developer - Data Scientist you will collaborate with the Data Science team to develop high-performance, reliable, testable and maintainable code. Participating in all aspects of software development activities, including design, coding, code review, testing, bug fixing, and code/API documentation. Your goal is to help the Data Science team in becoming self-sufficient through the whole software development cycle.
- Design, develop, modify, debug and/or maintain software code according to functional, non-functional and technical design specifications.
- Create tooling (software, visualization) for Data Scientists to help assess the quality of data and models.
- Develop the necessary infrastructure to support model development/deployment, collaborating with other teams throughout the Data Pipeline.
- Collaborate with outside teams and create APIs to facilitate the interaction between different components, ensuring a seamless connection between our models, simulator, and RailVision’s products.
- Improve algorithmic efficiency by exploring parallel implementations, more performant languages or other methods.
- Lead the development of solid software development practices within the team.
- Be an ambassador of technological advancement and revolutionized transportation.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Software Developer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in Python.
- Experience in git, docker, and cloud computing.
- Experience in quantitative computing or data science, preferably in ML.
- Proficiency with large datasets and time series (SQL, InfluxDB, etc.)
- Working experience with some or all the following: Containerization, associated build and deployment CI/CD pipelines, Lambda/State machines development.
- Experience translating Python code into C++ or Cython.
- Working experience on a multifunctional agile software development team.
- (Bonus) Experience in the rail industry.
Who We Look For
- Creative individuals with the confidence to be a leader and the collaborative nature of a team member.
- Driven, self-motivated, and detail-focused individuals.
- Clear and concise communicators.
- Passion for career growth and continuous learning.
- Organized work habits, schedules, timelines, documentation and correspondence.
- Remote work with quarterly in-person meetings (location is voted on every quarter).
- Incentives offered such as Employee Stock Options and yearly bonuses.
RailVision Analytics is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If you require accommodation because of a disability or special need for any part of the employment process, please let us know on the job application form how we can help ensure you have a comfortable and positive experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Saving Money and the Planet One Locomotive at a Time