Supply Chain Manager (Onsite)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Supply Chain Manager to take ownership of May’s Supply Chain. This is a unique opportunity to play a prominent role in the development of a quality presence in a fast growing company. This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Supply Chain.
- Consult in the development of supply chain management best practices and strategies
- Create Purchasing and Sourcing strategies for the Components on the Bills of Materials
- Create scalability plans based on strategic company goals, including systems implementation, reporting methods, and hiring plans
- Work with Head of Programs and Partnerships to maintain good supplier selection and relationships
- Negotiate contracts ensuring high quality at lowest possible cost
- Manage purchase orders and timing of Direct Materials from the Bill of Materials
- Manage a diverse team of Purchasing and Supply Chain Employees to ensure tasks are completed
- Continuously work to drive down bill of materials costs
- Oversee shipping/receiving functions
- Engage with suppliers on quality issues and initiate corrective actions when applicable
- Establish and maintain an inventory system and control material availability
- Work with design engineers on design for manufacturability improvements
- Work with Finance and Accounting to provide accurate information on inventory and assets
- 7+ years of experience in purchasing, procurement, or supply chain management
- 2+ Years of Experience in a Leadership Role
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, operations, or related field
- Ability to interpret engineering documents, including CAD drawings and wiring diagrams
- Experience managing supplier relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience interfacing with employees at multiple levels throughout the organization
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team environment
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Ability to undergo driving record check
- Proficient in Excel or Google Sheets
- Experience with continuous improvement methods such as 8D, CAPA, Six Sigma
- Masters degree in Engineering, Business, or Quality
- Experience with PPAP, APQP activities
- Experience with autonomous and electric vehicle systems
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Meaningful stock options
- Medical / dental / vision
- Unlimited vacation and company paid holidays
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Paid parental leave
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you