Electrical Test Engineer (Onsite)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Your Opportunity for Success
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. The candidate needs to have a passion for up-fitting existing vehicles with AV technology and compelling rider and safety driver experiences. This role will report to the director of System and Vehicle Engineering.
In this role you will be:
- Responsible for test and validation of electrical architectures and designs on different vehicle platforms
- Responsible for development and execution of test plans at the component, system and vehicle level
- Participating in quality, safety, project, production, peer, cross-functional,... reviews and ensuring that all electrical engineering deliverables are met.
- Collaborating with other teams such as: Mechanical, supply chain, Functional Safety, Cyber Security, Software, Autonomy, Production, Quality, Test and Validation,… to ensure the product safety.
- Ensuring proper engineering response is provided for testing of new design and engineering changes of existing products and design.
- Evaluating and implementing proper electrical testing methods for sensors, actuators, and electrical and compute hardware
- Troubleshooting hardware and system related issues
- Implementing prototypes at the bench and vehicle level
- Leading continuous improvement efforts, research, recommendations and implementation of enhancements to tools and testing methodologies.
- Ensuring all necessary engineering documentation, test reports, and data is generated and maintained to ensure traceability and compliance to applicable company procedures and industry standards and regulations
- Responsible for the verification of the electrical requirements at the component and bench level testing.
- Supporting different functional disciplines with all aspects related to electrical hardware.
- Performing complex work assignments requiring independent problem solving and decision making, requiring strong electrical technical competency
- Ensuring engineering timing plans, defect / issues lists, risk assessments, lessons learned are created and maintained and providing engineering status for project reviews (e.g. gate, design, milestones, etc.) according to program timing for all projects.
- Supporting all Program Management driven reviews (e.g. Gate reviews)
- Leveraging excellent communication to advocate for your solutions, working seamlessly across teams, functions and with customers
- Providing technical team and management support
- Supporting the Electrical DFMEA activities
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- At least 2 years of experience in vehicle engineering design or testing for hardware products.
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- Familiarity with ISO26262 standards
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Proficiency in electrical design and troubleshooting of complex electrical systems
- Familiar with electrical schematic and electrical harness design including the use of various software tools
- Systems-level thinking and ability to understand architecture diagrams
- “Can-do” attitude to problem solving
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- Working knowledge of common laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of testing techniques.
- Knowledge in structured problem solving techniques (8D).
- Experience in using electronic test and measurement lab equipment.
It is preferred if you have:
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or Systems Engineering, Autonomous Driving, or Robotics.
- 3+ years professional experience working on electrified systems, real-world robotic or autonomous driving systems
- Knowledge of automotive repair and maintenance
- Experience working in a startup
- ISTQB experience
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you