Product Manager (Hybrid)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth and our team is expanding quickly. We are looking for a Product Manager to help manage our suite of products that accelerate our autonomy development. You’ll define product vision, strategy and execute to make it a reality. You’ll work closely with cross-functional partners within and outside of your area to define and build the right product. Strong candidates can see different angles of a product or business opportunity, know how to connect the dots, and work well with people in different roles and functions to execute strategy. You’ll also work with experienced designers in uncovering deep autonomy engineering insights and define strategic opportunities that leverage them. You and the team will use these insights to define hypotheses, assumptions and experiments for testing them. This role will report into the Sr. Mgr, Product Management for Software and Data Infrastructure team.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
- Define the vision, strategy, roadmap, and go-to-market strategy for the AI/ML tools product area
- Deliver a great user experience by actively and proactively surveying user needs and translating use cases into product artifacts
- Synthesize technical and analytical insights with product intuition to formulate compelling roadmap investments and adjust quickly to new information
- Build a robust feedback loop with customers, partners and users to continuously improve products
- Ability to devise and use data, analysis and product metrics to measure success, back assumptions, and make recommendations
- Connect simulation realism efforts (such as sensor simulation and simulated agents) with evaluation to increase signal and learnings from simulation
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in leading product management and leading product development and human-centered design efforts for software, hardware or combined software/hardware products, which includes leading from idea to in-market.
- Experience building predictive model based products
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to craft product strategy amidst ambiguity
- Cross functional collaboration
- Strong communication skills
- Experience developing/launching products/technologies within AI/ML and/or autonomous vehicles, robotics, internet of things (IoT), transportation-as-a-service sectors
- Experience building product roadmap for data driven tools to accelerate development of commercial products based on real-world and simulated data logs
- Working at a startup
- Creating innovative, disruptive products
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you