Director, Investor Relations (Remote)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
The Director of Investor Relations will be responsible for managing all investor relations functions for the company and will develop and maintain a cohesive and coordinated communication program with the investment and media community on a proactive basis. This will involve participating in the development of written communications to shareholders, potential shareholders and the media, interfacing with corporate executives to ensure consistency in the messages communicated to shareholders and the media, and arranging presentations for financial analysts, prospects and other investors. This individual will participate in presentations and develop relationships with analysts, investment professionals and media contacts to improve coverage of, and interest in May Mobility. This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, as well as the other members of the senior management team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop new and maintain established relationships with investors, research analysts, equity holders, and other prospects as well as media contacts
- Develop communication strategy to communicate company progress through (1) press releases, (2) telephone contact, (3) one-on-one meetings with investors and bankers in conjunction with the CEO and other members of Senior Management as necessary, (4) and investor meetings
- Co-Develop the external messaging and content that we share with new and existing investors
- Manage IR website contents and other internal and external briefing materials, including ownership of IR days/events
- Manage the fundraising process through pipeline management, presentation material/content personalization and investor follow up
- Respond to investor and media requests and provide appropriate information regarding company results, business strategies, and other corporate news
- Review external research reports issued by organizations regarding their perception of the company, the industry, and competitors and provide a summary analysis to senior management
- Maintain rapport with the investment community by planning and coordinating visits by investors; planning and attending investment community presentations and responding to correspondences, questions, and concerns in a timely manner
- Participate in the preparation and review of all investor documentation and press releases
- Provide senior management with accurate feedback related to discussions with the investment community and its reaction to company business strategies, results, and other corporate developments– also provide advice to senior management regarding current events within the market that may affect the company
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, bench-marking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies
- Complete special projects and perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 5 years of previous investor relations experience either with a public company or growth stage private company
- Experience as an equity research analyst at an investment bank or buy side financial investor a plus
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written) required
- Excellent presentation skills, ability to present in a large group setting and deliver a compelling presentation
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Highly developed ability to describe the technical aspects of our business in terms our audience can comprehend
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior management and decision makers among our target audience
- Must possess the ability to establish a highly professional and competent presence among meeting participants in a very short period of time
- Demonstrated advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability and desire to travel- 25%
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Communications, Public Relations or related discipline
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you