Autonomy Simulation & Data Analyst (Hybrid or Remote)
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
May Mobility is entering an exciting phase of growth as we expand our first-of-its-kind autonomous shuttle and mobility services across the nation. We believe strongly in the need to demonstrate the safety of our Autonomous Vehicles, so that people can ride with confidence. In many ways, this is an even more important goal for the AV industry than getting the vehicles to drive autonomously. Simulation-based testing is of course a big part of our strategy to achieve this. We are looking to add an autonomy simulation and data analyst to the ever growing autonomy team. This position would be part of the Autonomy Support Team that looks at cases from the field and curates them into data for the autonomy team to use in software testing and development.
For this role, Hybrid means that candidates would be expected to be able to come into the office in Ann Arbor for training as needed. The candidate would work remotely most of the time with reliable internet access and no limit on data upload/download quantity.
Your Opportunity to Drive Success
- Cultivate and develop simulation scenarios for the autonomy software stack from existing field data
- Curate perception data for the perception squad to help build their machine learning algorithms
- Build data visualization, dashboards, and reports for internal stakeholders to show patterns in autonomy performance
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or other relevant degree or training
- Proficient with Linux scripts and terminal usage
- Proficiency in Python and experience with python-based data science tools (e.g. numpy, pandas, scipy)
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability in troubleshooting, attention to detail
- Ability to see patterns in data and log review to classify similarities and differences in cases
- Ability to asking critical questions and dig deeper than just the obvious answer
- Experience analyzing, evaluating and transforming data from multiple sources
- Familiarity with Jira and ticket tracking
- Comfortable continuously learning new software and workflows
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working with databases, such as Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server
- Experience with GIS
- BI Tool experience (e.g. AWS Quicksight, Tableau)
- Familiarity with deep learning tools in python (e.g. scikit-learn, pytorch, tensorflow)
- Familiarity with Applied Intuition simulation software suite a plus (Simian, Logstream, Spectral, etc…)
Benefits and Perks
- Health benefits including vision and dental
- Unlimited paid vacation days and generous holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Meaningful stock options
- Daily catered lunches and snacks
- Flexible schedule around core business hours
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Nice to move you