Mechanical Engineer Intern - Power Electronics
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate student to join the Power Electronics team in San Carlos, CA as a Mechanical Engineering Intern. This individual would be responsible for designing high-voltage electronic housings, testing equipment, aircraft components, and thermal/structural modeling. This role will involve design work starting at the conceptual level through full modeling and continue into manufacturing and testing.
- Design of complicated components and packaging
- Initial layout and sizing
- Detailed design and fabrication specifications
- Direct communication with vendors and technicians in manufacturing
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Strong analytical background
- Experience with hands-on design and testing
- Proficiency in mechanical design, materials selection, kinematics, troubleshooting, and analysis
- Proficiency with CAD
Joby is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing