Wiring Systems Design Engineer
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
Joby Aviation is seeking a passionate mechanical engineer to join our team with a focus in Electrical Wiring Interconnection Systems (EWIS), working with electrical, manufacturing, and structural engineers to meet design requirements for functionality, manufacturability, integration, inspectability, and maintenance. The engineer will be responsible for designing flight critical wire harness assemblies and electromechanical interconnection systems, as well as creating test plans to characterize, qualify, and validate those designs. This individual must be highly organized and self-driven while possessing a deep understanding of aerospace design standards. This position is exciting and rewarding, as the engineer will promptly see their ideas grow from concept to creation due to the fast pace of Joby Aviation.
- Design electromechanical interconnection systems according to aerospace standards
- Provide solutions to support and protect wire harnesses
- Select and source materials, coordinating with vendors
- Drive engineering BOM created from PLM solution
- Write requirements and specifications
- Plan acceptance and qualification tests with test engineers
- B.S. in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or other relevant discipline
- 3+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Excellent problem solving and teamwork skills, working with many people and teams
- Experience with hands-on design, prototyping, and testing
- Strong background utilizing PDM
- Proficiency with CAD, such as Catia, Pro/E, SolidWorks, etc.
- Familiarity with EWIS aerospace standards, such as SAE AS50881, AC 43.13 Ch.11, ASTM F2639, etc.
- M.S./Ph.D. in relevant discipline
- 10+ years of working experience in relevant industry
- Understanding of ERP/MRP/PLM solutions
- Experience with Catia, specifically using Electrical 3D Design, Electrical 3D Part Design, Electrical Manufacturing Preparation, Assembly Design, Part Design, and Generative Shape Design
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing