Software Engineer, Flight Simulator
Located in Northern California, the Joby Aviation team is steadily working toward our goal of creating an affordable, all-electric air transportation system. Imagine an air taxi that takes off vertically, then quietly and quickly carries you over the traffic congestion below, giving you back the time that otherwise would have spent sitting in traffic. Since 2009, our team has been making this dream a reality, designing and flight testing a prototype aircraft capable of serving in a network of electric air taxis. We’re looking for talented individuals to join our team as we push onwards toward certifying the aircraft with the Federal Aviation Administration and preparing for commercialization with launch targeted in select markets for 2024.
The successful candidate will play a key role in a small, fast-moving team responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of a robust, deterministic, and highly scalable software simulation framework. They will work closely with multidisciplinary teams of engineers, data scientists, pilots, and other stakeholders to create and improve one of the highest fidelity flight simulators.
We are looking for talented engineers with OOP C++ development skills who can design and build a high-fidelity simulator that will help drive the development, verification, and certification activities for a one-of-a-kind fully electric aircraft.
- University degree in computer science or computer engineering and 3+ years industry experience. An advanced degree and 1+ years’ experience will also be considered.
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming methodology and multi-layered system architectures
- Expert knowledge of C++
- Expert knowledge of multi-threaded systems
- Experience with modern integrated development environments and debuggers
- Basic understanding of version control technologies
- Exposure to python
- A Positive attitude and a passion for Aerospace!
- Willingness to be flexible and learn new technologies.
- Ability to work inside of a team.
Please still apply if you don’t meet all items in the desired section! Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse and effective workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Joby Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Electric Aerial Ridesharing